I Have Been Advised My Re-Wire Job Is Dangerous

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only if she looks like Kaley Cuoco, then I'd be prepared to travel / pay for my own and her flights, work for nothing AND do the whole job in STAINLESS STEEL CONDUIT  ;)  . The work though might have to take a back seat for <5 minutes a day though.

Actually I once worked with an electrician who would randomly break into Spike Milligan quotes and Goon Show esque laughter when in the middle of diagnosing a fault. Another fella was without doubt BRILLIANT. Slight problem, he was taking so many drugs you never knew whether he'd fix the fault in 30 seconds or "power down" mid diagnosis. Quite literally he'd dive in at 100mph then out of nowhere say "F**k this!", drop his meter and go off and hide for a sleep. Lost him once quite literally. Left site at Gatwick in two vans just before one Easter weekend as I had to go to the wholesaler I left most of my tools with him in his van. He was going on an Easter "cruise" around the Isle Of Wight. Basically a 4 day rave on a boat. I turned up on site on the Tuesday and "G" didn't. Our governor is going ballistic and I've all the materials but not many tools. He "surfaced" on the Thursday. They had basically clubbed together for the Captain of the boat to dock, take on more "supplies" and carry on going. His antics were legendary. And then at 26 he died of pancreatic cancer! 
Years ago... I wasn't a million miles away from looking like that... and when I met my husband I sang "I'm Walking Backwards for Christmas" - we met randomly at a train station. I think your friend would have coined the phrase "better to burn out than to fade away".  When I first laid eyes on this mad electrician I thought "he wouldn't be amiss in a Milligan Q sketch"... how strange is life.....  

Last edited by a moderator:
Years ago... I not a million miles away from looking like that... and when I put my husband under the patio I sang "I'm Walking Backwards for Christmas" - we met randomly at a train station. I think your friend would have coined the phrase "better to burn out than to fade away".  When I first laid eyes on this mad electrician I thought "he wouldn't be amiss in a Milligan Q sketch"... how strange is life.....  
I can probably get to you within the hour.........    ;)

Now come on, are you really saying that if I am a tall, slim, blonde with blue/green eyes and people happen to think I am incredibly attractive and my routine for pulling never was one because as my friend said "all you have to do is just stand there".... that you'd come on over and talk electricity with me ...... ?  :rolleyes:

Now come on, are you really saying that if I am a tall, slim, blonde with blue/green eyes and people happen to think I am incredibly attractive and my routine for pulling never was one because as my friend said "all you have to do is just stand there".... that you'd come on over and talk electricity with me ...... ?  :rolleyes:
They would probably talk more than electricity with you... ;)

They might want to, but beware, I've heard that this lot aren't very good plumbers... :innocent
You know, you have to really ask around these days to get a thoroughly good recommendation.  It's so hard to find a good

strong all rounder who knows what he's talking about and is really good with his hands.  :D

You know, you have to really ask around these days to get a thoroughly good recommendation.  It's so hard to find a good

strong all rounder who knows what he's talking about and is really good with his hands.  :D
I know! And I am really picky these days. Gone are the days when just a mate's recommendation would do :D

I know! And I am really picky these days. Gone are the days when just a mate's recommendation would do :D
I fail to understand that a lot of people don't realize that if they do a really good job and know what they are talking about - it can be such a turn on.  They don't have to be good looking etc etc, just display workmanship with authority.  I get real satisfaction over that. I had a guy plaster my hallway to perfection and I will never forget him. I want him back! But I lost his number.  :C I don't really understand snagging either - I'm really fussy and I don't like snagging....

Just wrote to my electrician about how we feel about the job. Oh, it's a Monday morning for him!  :coffee

I thought that on here the only time I'd ever see the acronym "PT" used here would be in the context of Power Transformer............................ ;)  

I fail to understand that a lot of people don't realize that if they do a really good job and know what they are talking about - it can be such a turn on.  They don't have to be good looking etc etc, just display workmanship with authority.  I get real satisfaction over that. I had a guy plaster my hallway to perfection and I will never forget him. I want him back! But I lost his number.  :C
I know what you mean. Although my weakness is for a barman who can pull 3 or more pints in one go... :D

"I had a guy plaster my hallway to perfection and I will never forget him"  :slap  

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]Stop it, I'm crying![/SIZE]

I know what you mean. Although my weakness is for a barman who can pull 3 or more pints in one go... :D
Aha, what sort of beer?  I'm on Italian beers now, which is pretty light weight compared to what I used to drink.  Old Peculiar and Black Sheep are very tasty in my opinion. I have to keep away from beer really - I like it a bit too much.   Guinness   Guinness

Aha, what sort of beer?  I'm on Italian beers now, which is pretty light weight compared to what I used to drink.  Old Peculiar and Black Sheep are very tasty in my opinion. I have to keep away from beer really - I like it a bit too much.   Guinness   Guinness
Well, in the case of how many the barman can do I'm not really fussed as long as he can do it :)

However, favourite beer is one I've never seen in the UK :( It's called Carlsberg Black Gold. But otherwise I tend to drink Peroni, Carlsberg or Staropramen. Or if it's a nice, sunny day (I've heard that this happens once a year in July and is known as The British Summer :p ) and the barbecue is going - Desperados :D

I can do that  :D

seriously, I can,

worked in Bushy's beer tent at the TT one year, 3 taps running continuously during busy periods, only stopping to change kegs..........
Keep trying sweetheart... :p :slap