I know footy talk is not too popular on here but..........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Radio 5 this morning they were asking non English Brits if they supported England in the coming contest.

They asked Welsh, N Irish and Scots . Although some were following England a lot were really anti English and would support anyone but.

They never asked any Irish Republicans but I find around here that they would follow England ,after Ireland of course.

WHat do you non English think ??

On Radio 5 this morning they were asking non English Brits if they supported England in the coming contest.They asked Welsh, N Irish and Scots . Although some were following England a lot were really anti English and would support anyone but.

They never asked any Irish Republicans but I find around here that they would follow England ,after Ireland of course.

WHat do you non English think ??
I think by definition you would find that they would NOT class themselves as British though.

Yes of course you're right there Steps , the attitude of the Irish who have been here for years was that they have lived ,worked and raised their families here and guys I have discussed it with would not run England down. In this area many Irish follow Aston Villa, obviously support Ireland but also follow England through international games .

Although I'm English I also rooted for Wales (Well they have one or two Evans,s there!!) (( I could officially play for Wales but Ryan Giggs beat me to it :C ))

I must say I was a bit dismayed at the dislike from some of those interviewed on radio.

DEpends what you would class as non English. My mother second generation Irish ,Father second generation Antiguian, virtually every household in our family is flying the old St George flags outside.

Good luck to Stevie G and the boys.

Although I'm English.
Never mind Mate, It's not your fault. Not everyone can be Welsh. :D

I also rooted for Wales (Well they have one or two Evans,s there!!)
trying to keep up with the 'Jones', Eh? :)

](( I could officially play for Wales but Ryan Giggs beat me to it :C ))
I know Mate' date=' I remember reading it in the press. :^O

I must say I was a bit dismayed at the dislike from some of those interviewed on radio.
Again, I am the same, I have been listening to Real Radio Wales. And the people Texting, E-mailing and phoning the show, a very low percentage showed their support for England.

A lot of them referred to the 1966 World Cup and Said that England are still rabbitting on about that - some 44 Years later.

Come on crying out loud. :(

personally I dont mind(read couldnt care less[footy isnt my thing]),

my missus will prob want a flag putting out,

myself,

well Im going to put a netherlands flag on me van to wind up everyone else at work who have england flags on theirs,

and a north korean flag on the other side cause I got them in the work sweepstake.(does anyone else think that because I know jack about football I got stitched up?!) [thought so]

weather looks to be nice so will be in the beer garden me thinks local has a decent garden and has fitted a silly huge must be 70" plasma on the wall outside Guinness

England don't win a football game shock horror

Breaking news tonight,

England get held to a draw by a country that doesnt play football,

the soccer playing USA held England to a draw,

is that a sign of things to come??????

[sorry guys, I have to laugh, ROTFWL )

:coat

England don't win a football game shock horrorBreaking news tonight,

England get held to a draw by a country that doesnt play football,

the soccer playing USA held England to a draw,

is that a sign of things to come??????

[sorry guys, I have to laugh, ROTFWL )

:coat
:red card :D

If they payed those posers less money, they might play better. They don't play for the love, they play for the money.

Did you know that England have some of the best martial arts competitors in the world? Did you know they do very well in world events? No? I wonder why? No money in it I guess ;)

If they payed those posers less money, they might play better. They don't play for the love, they play for the money.Did you know that England have some of the best martial arts competitors in the world? Did you know they do very well in world events? No? I wonder why? No money in it I guess ;)
they actually do very well in every SPORT they play,

sport is amateur, how can you have professional paid people playing sports?

Im a big bike racing fan [real road racing]

and as you may well be aware the TT has just finished. and an Englishman has done a virtually impossible feat there.!

football is NO longer a sport,

at least rugby had the decency to change the rules and recognise this.

I find it odd, I've a couple of Scottish friends who were hoping USA would win, but if Scotland were against USA I would want scotland to win (being english).

There's a football tournament on? Must have missed that one...