Interference

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a bit of a problem with my aerial.

I've got a sky box with a scart to the main TV.

From the RF out of the sky, I've gone to my DVD player the out of the DVD player to my video player then the out of the video player to an amplifer which allows me to watch Sky, DVD or Video at any other TV in the house.

I tried putting a digital aerial through a Y splitter into the amplifier so that I can get freeview as well but as soon as I plug the digital aerial into the Y splitter i get interference.

Any ideas ????

Thanks

have you tried plugging aerial directly into the original input on your aerial in on the back sky box instead of in the y splitter?
Thanks.............What a dope I am, I'll try that later,

Still having problems.

I actually explained it wrong.

I,ve got a scart from the DVD to the VCR. From the VCR RF out to the Sky RF in. From the Sky RF out to the amp.

I tried plugging the aerial into the RF in on the VCR put I still get interference.

Is there any other way I can distribute Sky, Digital Aerial, DVD, and VCR around the house.

I've got all the units in the lounge and only one cable from the lounge back to the amplifier.

Thanks

HOMETV.jpg

As mentioned I tried putting the digital aerial into the RF in of the VCR but no good.

Any help will be great

Thanks

Your "amplifier"... is that a signal splitter sort of jobbie?

One signal "IN" several "OUT" to tv's around house..

Is your interference distortion due to over amplification of the signal?

i.e. need to reduce your signal a bit before it goes into the amplifier?

Had this before with just a bog standard Aerial with masthead amp going to 4-way TV splitter amp..

I had to put an attenuator in to reduce my signal from the masthead amp before it went into the 4-way splitter amp...

A variable attenuator can be useful for adjusting levels down a bit to see if signal improves...

e.g. something like these beasties...

VHF/UHF Variable Attenuator - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys

dunno if this has any relevance to your problem..

or if I am have just got me pants on me head again!?:pWet Fish:coffee

We only give you permission to buy one if you promise to report back and tell us if it makes any difference...

good or bad??? :D

We are all as curious as you know to know what the problem is?

:)

I'm going out in a bit and hopefully pick one up from Band Q.Will keep you posted
Got one..............fitted it....................Still no good. I think the next thing is to change the digi aerial for a decent one and take it from there. also I have ordered a RF modulator so that I'm not relying on the VCR scart input.

Will keep you posted

Just a thought,

you know how a video output it's own signal on chanel "xx",,,, and sky outputs on chanel "xx"; could it be that they are interfering with each other??

How are they by themselves?

Got one..............fitted it....................Still no good. I think the next thing is to change the digi aerial for a decent one and take it from there. also I have ordered a RF modulator so that I'm not relying on the VCR scart input.Will keep you posted
ah... erm.... well.... yeh....

I did say all along DO NOT BOTHER TRYING THESE!!!!

:Blushing :innocent

:^O

default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

Actually...

Well thats one other option crossed off the list..

cheers for updating...

We are all on the edges of our chairs now waiting to see what happens next..

Keeps us informed with what you find M8.

:worship:Salute:x

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:27 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:21 ----------

Just a thought,you know how good a "xxx" video Chanel is,,,, and you see them interfering with each other,

not doing it by themselves?
:eek: :Blushing

after a few GuinnessGuinnessGuinnessGuinness

I am sure your message has got a bit muddled with the interpretation between eye and brain!!!

OR

did you really say something about watching naughty video channels there.???

]:) :innocent

did you really say something about watching naughty video channels there.???

]:) :innocent
Can't be the hard stuff only 2x's not 3 ; \

got the rf modulator.......all sorted noe.....except for the aerial..............which i'll do another day or after i've watched my SPECIAL videos

Latest posts