is this ok?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul b b

Reaction score
Hi again chaps

is it acceptable to run another circuit through a strip light?

I would rather not but would make the job a lot easier.

Its in conduit so was thinking about taking the sockets radial through the strip to get to the other side of the garage

thanks

mount the light on through boxes and go through them instead.

Personally I wouldn't ever do that as it would make changing the fitting after almost impossible. I wouls probably remove fitting. Continue conduit on to socket and put 2 through boxes inline (measured with correct spacing) and screw fitting to them.

Hi again chapsis it acceptable to run another circuit through a strip light?

I would rather not but would make the job a lot easier.

Its in conduit so was thinking about taking the sockets radial through the strip to get to the other side of the garage

thanks
i wouldnt - if you need to change the lights, its going to be awkward

Just for even thinking of this, you should be forced to go out and change a light where someone has done just this. and you will never have that thought again!

Ha thanks Andy...hands up silly idea, was trying to save a load of hassletrue Steve, but I am running lights from a fuse spur to save dragging two feeds in plus there is only one spare on the cu.

Good point though

thanks all for your help
just go with thru boxes as mentioned above

most lights already have holes in the right place to screw straight into a thru box in place of its lid. just space them apart the right distance (but most lights have slotted holes so a cm or 2 wont make much difference)

This is a question that comes up in what

was the 2391; namely, can conductors be

run through light fittings and luminaires?

The full answer is yes, provided they are

designed for it AND that THOSE conductors

are in THAT lighting circuit only.