It's Time............

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revved Up Sparky

Reaction score
..... to turn your clocks back by one hour at 2.00am (Sunday). An extra hour in bed for many of us - unless you are working a night shift !

(my clock keeps going back four seconds ! I think it must be hungry)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well remembered Rev.

There's a campaign for checking your smoke alarm batteries and I recommend you all do so. Or do all sparks have hardwired ones?

Well remembered Rev.

There's a campaign for checking your smoke alarm batteries and I recommend you all do so. Or do all sparks have hardwired ones?
Mine are hardwired in although for some reason whoever installed them did not install a heat detector in the kitchen. Its a private let so maybe I should suggest to the landlord that he puts one in.

Well remembered Rev.

A lot of battery smoke alarms start doing that annoying repeated 1 minute interval bleep when the battery is getting low. So providing a battery is in there the smoke detector will alert you when it is required.

Doc H.

This whole hour forward hour back is all wrong.....

We need to do the hour forward bit on a weekday so we can all charge an extra hour for our time on site..

and keep the hour back at the week end so we can all get an extra hour of leisure time!!!!

My hard wired smokes get checked weekly, along with the kitchen heat,

A thing I started with my 2yo was to hold him to to ceiling amd do a thumbs up for Friday,

He is 4 now amd still does it.! :)

We had the battery ones fitted by the Firemen... waste of bloody time... ended up ripping it off the cieling a few weeks ago as it would not stop beeping at me!

got others everywhere tho! and mains ones