junction boxes

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is getting silly now;) :p :pJust a brief sojourn back to sanity, at last years ELECSA assessment the inspector had me pull down four downlights , checking for JBs. Blimey !
If you're been inspected it's fair cop! You'd be more annoyed if they didn't check!

My view is thisgo to a house to fit a new light

pendant and ceiling rose needs to be removed connector blocks are needed to make connections

but this light fixes to a bracket with screws

so connector blocks are accessible with the use of a screwdriver

but sometimes its too cramped in the light fitting so you push the blocks into the ceiling nicely taped up

no problem

you still need the screwdriver

Guiness Drink
Missed this one......Yes this is wot i often find myself doing. Most light fittings dont have any room in them at all and making a taped joint is the only way. The hole to push the connectors up into the ceiling is nearly always too small to accommodate such as a choc-box or jb as a hole created would not be covered by the fitting.

And the problem with heat-shrunk crimp connections is????
You need crimp pliers, crimps, heat source, heat shrink tubing ;)

Other method needs a roll of insulating tape and a screwdriver.

Think KME's idea would be much more professional. :^O

You need crimp pliers, crimps, heat source, heat shrink tubing ;) Other method needs a roll of insulating tape and a screwdriver.

:x :x:x to Apache.

You rapidly becoming "da man" - or should that read "da vet":D

You need crimp pliers, crimps, heat source, heat shrink tubing ;) Other method needs a roll of insulating tape and a screwdriver.

You need a tool to take the light fitting down to gain access to the joint dont you...WELL DONT YOU???

Some people just like to complicate matters and tell themselves they are doing this to make themselves look professional in there own little world.

You need a tool to take the light fitting down to gain access to the joint dont you...WELL DONT YOU???Some people just like to complicate matters and tell themselves they are doing this to make themselves look professional in there own little world.
Moderators! Mr Tesla's being mean.

We are all entitled to our own oppinions. We may disagree but there's no need to belittle

I had the "Sample" one of the Wago pushfits and Maintanence free JB. Quite good too.

I also agree with KME about the "Ideal" pushfit connections and placed in a Choc Box.