Life

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hia all

Sorry I havent been in touch on here lately had a courgette tonne of issues to sort, and I might be going bat**** cazy.

As most of you know, I am a Type 2 Diabetic and know that I have had heart issues since about late Febuary/late March. The main cause of this is massively high blood pressure. I left hospital and a few days later I got blurred vision in My right eye. That is now healing to the point to where I can legally work and drive safely apparently. So, I thought to try and get back on My feet financially, it might be best if did some general building labouring to make a bit of legal cash. I started this last Thursday. Got in on time got everything sorted. then at 12:40pm I felt a pang of pain in My left foot, :facepalm: I had stepped in a nail, piercing My flesh by about half an inch. Closed My eyes and thought A&E/Tetenus time. Got the accident reported, got off to hossie and I just thought, and am still thinking, am I getting no luck or bad luck?

I have kept in touch with the job foreman, depending on how long I am off, He might be willing to take Me back on.

Some times I just wonder, whats better to which hope I have, no hope or Bob Hope?

Take care all

Andy Guinness

Join the club I've just got out of hospital after 12 days of which 6 of them were on my back in a neck and chest support starring at the ceiling .I had a paragliding accident which my glider collapsed and fell about 50 feet in a carpark full of cars and broke my wrist ,arm and neck .luckly my spinal cord is not damaged and I'm up and about 

Hope you are both on the mend soon. We've all done the nail thing, can take a while to get better, still they do it to horses all the time, apparently.

Not all of us have survived a collapsed canopy though at such a low height. Did a fair bit of hang-gliding in the past, til I lost my bottle for it.

Best of luck.

3 years ago did the same thing but ended up bracking my  L1 and L3 in my back 

I've decided to give the sport up .risk and reward.

maybe tie them together on the way down into a diy parachute, but definately get some freebies. maybe take the door too

and while were on about this, since planes have life jackets, shouldnt ships have parachutes?

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe tie them together on the way down into a diy parachute, but definately get some freebies. maybe take the door too

and while were on about this, since planes have life jackets, shouldnt ships have parachutes?
Aircraft carriers do.

And airships.

Edit; I would be in the drinks trolly for some caffeine drinks, apparently they give you wings

Last edited by a moderator:
confusedsign_zps2b48c4c7.jpg.1806da293b0de9017b83066db5bff929.jpg

Latest posts