Life

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I'm here alright,don't fancy all that chucking myself off things though,nearly ended up paralysed after hurdling a 3 foot fence a couple of years back,I'd had a few pints (ok 10) and was sat looking at the fence.I was in one of those puffing out chest modes as I'd had an 18 year old girl giving me the come on earlier. "I remember" I said to my wife "when I was a dog handler,we'd both fly over a fence like that"."yes dear,but you're a lot older now",well that did it.Me and the dog shot over the fence and into the unknown,which turned out to be a 7 foot drop.I landed badly and there was a sharp crack.Several days and many beers later I was rorced to visit A and E,I'd severely damaged all the muscles and ligaments in my neck and was within half an inch of total paralysis.Then came the bit that hurt,hearing the whole story(why I didn't make up something more glamourous I'll never know) the lady doctor replied "your'e nearly fifty,not fifteen,stop chasing the young ladies,they're no good for a gentleman of your advancing years".