Light switch problem

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sellers

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have a problem with a 3gang light switch.

The problem is only 1 way is connected that controls a light in a seperate bedroom. I want to find out which switch does the bedroom light but the customer will only let me in the room once only. I have no tools as I've left them at home. How can I find out which switch controls the light? ;)

Theres no keyhole and its a ****pile carpet, the doors a nightmare to open and close.

Switch the first switch on for a few minutes then turn it off and turn switch 2 on

Then enter the room

If the lights on, it's switch 2

If the lights off but the lamps warm it's switch 1

If the lamps off and cold it's switch 3

:cool:

Switch the first switch on for a few minutes then turn it off and turn switch 2 onThen enter the room

If the lights on, it's switch 2

If the lights off but the lamps warm it's switch 1

If the lamps off and cold it's switch 3

:cool:
Betty gets it. As for the rest? Call yourselves sparkies!

tell the client to stop being a pi**ock and to let u enter the room to diagnose the fault that he called you out for! unless he really wants to pay you for standing there trying to second guess! haha

well done tho betty! :D

+1 mrs s and what plank forgets their tools?? Also how are u getting up to this light ? No tools = No steps (unless he lets you stand on his shoulders).

No tools also= No torch or headlight, so what does your risk assessment say about entering a room in darkness to climb an imaginary ladder or a wooden stool you found knocking about to be able to see if a lamp is warm or cold hmmmm an avoidable risk I'd wager :) :coat

Smilers,

The only one that would need a ladder that I know of is Volti. (Canoeboy told me to say that, Volti - Honest, mate).
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png
:p