Longest Voicemail Ever!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Spark

Reaction score
Had the longest voicemail yesterday off a dear old lady asking me to fix her kitchen light.

It just carried on and on and on (you get the message)!

Phoned her earlier to sort out the problem which might just be lamp and starter replacement, but that was a 20 minute conversation!

Going to see her in the morning, hoping I wont be too long (fingers crossed).

Will have to make sure im not that long as taking the Mrs to Ikea wednesbury tomorrow as she wants some more wardrobes in the spare bedroom.

I was hoping to get to the customers house early but she said 9.30 earliest due her to taking medication.

I'll probably need some myself by the time I have left :facepalm:

Luckily just a quick relamp and starter this morning to get her kitchen light sorted, but then had to stay another 20 mins before i finally escaped.

Had to listen about her late husband ex raf and how he formed a club with 35 other guys who built 36 bungalows

around here in the early 1950s.

Then before she got into another subject i made my escape.....

All part of of the wonders of Electrical Contracting Robin .  :^O        We once spent an afternoon drinking tea and talking to an elderly lady who flew Spitfires etc in WW2  .   Not in action , but delivering them to the fighter bases .    Fascinating , an honour to have spent some time with her.

Yeah it is interesting listening to old peoples tales from or just after the 2nd world war etc...and I know some people are a bit lonely and love it when you turn up as promised, however i could go to the pub instead and talk to some of the old regulars in there whilst I enjoying a pint or two Guinness   Guinness