Need Reset Code

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben-sisco

Reaction score
Hi,

For the past few days I've had an error come up on my keypad with the spanner light on.  when i enter my code in to set the alarm it doesn't set but says 'RESET required sounder tamper'.  Its a Scantronic 9651 system.  Ive had someone out and he has tries the master code but it won't reset.  Can someone help.

Thanks

Ben_Sisco

looking at the manual, it can be set to need engineer code to re-set. if it has been, and you dont have the engineer code, then there isnt much you can do apart from reset the panel to factory settings, but that isnt an easy job and doesnt always work. or it may be that you cant re-set it because the tamper fault is still there

thanks for the quick reply,

Ive looked at the manual and have gone into installer mode, loaded defaults and exit installer mode.  it did a system check and then comes up with 'Bell Tamper'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just realised I'm in the middle of decorating and had someone cut the carpets so i could paint the skirting boards.  I can see the tamper bell cable where the carpet has been removed but I've checked it and it doesn't seem to be damaged.  Should I replace the cable first before changing the tamper bell?

ok, thanks for all your help.  I'll report later with an update.

Thanks Again

This is a common problem. I had a call out fault a few weeks back where the alarm would not set. The decorator had cut through the top of a 6 core cable whilst decorating. All he had caught was one core of the NC alarm circuit so the alarm thought (in this case) the patio door was open. This  fault took me half an hour to find  in just the one room as the cut was so fine.

hi again,

Ive removed the bell box bought it inside near the control unit.  I've installed a temp cable and this has removed the previous fault but now it comes up with 'Zone FLT Z08'.

I've looked in the manual and i can't find out what it means.  Keeping in mind i have loaded default setting before.

hi I've linked them thru and that resolves that problem.

Now i have a different issue, because i loaded the default settings i need to program the system for the zones and part zone.  

I when i set the system as it is it won't set

can someone help me with this.  I'm not sure how the zone should be set.  I've copied and paste from the manual, do i select 0 or 1?

21: Zone Configuration

This command enables you to select the wiring type of the zone connector

on the control unit PCB. The default is option 0 for all models.

0 Up to 8 closed circuit loop zones (CC + Com A/T).

1 Up to 8 fully-supervised loop zones (FSL 2K2/4K7)

I've only got pir's and magnet connectors for door