Need sometime to talk to...someone talk to me pleeaaasee

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If there is a spec to quote against, make sure you refer too the version and date that your prices relate too.

If there isn't a spec, then write it up and make sure to be clear what is and what isn't included.

Time well spent and avoids payment issues down the road
No clear spec at all Murdoch just cris crosses and notes on drawings for various points 😄 its actually 4 bedrooms worth. At end of day I'll be putting in quote with breakdown of everything marked out on this and positionings on it unless they can get clearer. Also making sure make point of things it doesn't include and not getting clarity on like BT supplies, Sky points etc.

Some customers are just pain in the rear fickle, changing their minds frequently...

Others just genuinely forget to mention an extra bit that needs doing...

Or while doing a job you may notice an improvement that could be made..

ALL businesses have unforeseen circumstances and factors crop up...

Some can be covered by your initial costings.. Others have to be an increase charge to the customer.. 

e.g.  Shops ramp up their prices to cover losses due to shoplifting..

We may not get shoplifters, but at some point an item you supply may fail prematurely needing warranty replacement...

And although you might get a free replacement rom your supplier..

You have got to cover your labour and travel expenses for this replacement  work..

So make sure your initial costs cover a bit more than the bare minim assuming the whole job goes perfectly to plan.

Guinness
Will do mate. Hear you for costing for this my experience with any sort of new build works usually is has a few glitches with manufacture faults. Not my place to provide a maintenance service to unless they want to pay for it

Who are you doing the work for.....direct for client OR for the main contractor?

it makes a huge difference, seriously!
Direct for client but at this stage getting most info through builder on job and who put me forward for it. He's good guy but ultimately it is client paying so it's quote/contract agreeing with them need to be clear as possible on. I think things will be fine but yeah early days for me so don't want to leave my rear end to exposed to surprises 

Direct for client but at this stage getting most info through builder on job and who put me forward for it. He's good guy but ultimately it is client paying so it's quote/contract agreeing with them need to be clear as possible on. I think things will be fine but yeah early days for me so don't want to leave my rear end to exposed to surprises 

You need to deal with the client directly. By all means copy the builder on emails, but don’t let them negotiate for you ....

You need to deal with the client directly. By all means copy the builder on emails, but don’t let them negotiate for you ....
👍 Full quote will be directed to client and exclusions/inclusions to it will have to be agreed in writing by them