New Classic Storage Heater

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sausageroll

Reaction score
We have a two year old New Classic storage heater (Glen Dimplex) which has stopped working. It failed to charge after the summer. Our electrician has tested everything and found nothing wrong and is now mystified. Can someone confirm what I have been told by a heating engineer - that there is a manual and auto reset switch inside the front panel on the right hand side ?

Thanks

There will be a reset button of some sort inside.

It's actually a safety thermostat to stop it overheating. The usual cause is people covering the heater (putting clothes on it to dry) causing it to overheat.

If your electrician didn't find it, I suggest you try a different electrician (I hope you didn't pay him)

Some of them don't have a resettable trip but instead have a thermal fuse that will need replacing.

Is it the only storage heater you have?

If you have others are they working?

Storage heaters have there own "Fuse box" Is it Switched on?

The storage heater Fuse box is controlled by your electricity suppliers Time switch control, either internal on your meter or a separate time switch.

If you have exhausted all other options then call your SUPPLIER and report NO OFF PEAK SUPPLY.