New Member & Unidentified Burglar Alarm

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJP72

Reaction score
Hello

Looking to get a burglar alarm identified.... though it appears I need to post 10 times in order to link some pictures...

Cheers

Andrew

2nd post...

What's your reason for identifying it?

May be a lot cheaper just to get a new panel tbh, they are actually quite inexpensive these days for a basic panel.

That is an Ademco "vista"

As steptoe said, it will be cheaper to change it than to do anything else.

For what its worth, its been obsolete for umpteen years, (No technical support) and when  you do programme it, you wish you had not tried. The manual is A4 size and is about 90 pages.

will no doubt need a new back-up battey by now  - stops the alarm going off every time there is a minor power cut. Kits can be had for as little as about £100. You should be able to re-use existing cabling so it's just a case of changing panel, bell box (back-up battery is probably U/S in that aswell) and sensors

Thanks for the replies...

We're decorating, and in the short-term we want to remove the panic button, so I suppose it's possible reading the manual I may be able to take it out of the program, or failing that we'll replace the panel now.

The bell, and it's battery still work, so even with the panel switched off it's still sounding.

Yes, we want to replace the panel anyway but maybe in a month or two, an online retailer said there are different types of bell boxes, not all alarms are compatible with all bell boxes, so now I know the alarm panel that'll narrow things down a bit.

Cheers

should be simple emough to take out panic button, just make sure tamper loop is maintained as a loop ( normally yellow and white cores). the tamper button is simple on-off switch.

should be simple emough to take out panic button, just make sure tamper loop is maintained as a loop ( normally yellow and white cores). the tamper button is simple on-off switch.

Sorry to not agree.

Its up to the installing alarm company what colours do what. (Never heard of white and yellow being used before)

Also being as its a panic button, the tamper is the least of the worries.

AJP72, As said when down powered the external sounder should not ring, that implies either the battery is flat, or a blown fuse. However, as I also said, the manual (If you can get one) is very thick and you need to be able to understand alarms  to even try to read it.

The person who said you can only have this pane  with that external sounder, was not telling the whole truth, You can have almost any conventional external sounder on any panel with no problems.

You main problem is that of wasting money and time, why not take the external sounder down first, then take the  panel down and change them both, or get an alarm company to do it for you, it will be cheaper in the long run than to faf about with what you have.

The person who said you can only have this pane  with that external sounder, was not telling the whole truth, You can have almost any conventional external sounder on any panel with no problems.

You main problem is that of wasting money and time, why not take the external sounder down first, then take the  panel down and change them both, or get an alarm company to do it for you, it will be cheaper in the long run than to faf about with what you have.
yep,

what he just said.