New Printer

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

binky

retired and loving it!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an inkjet printer / scanner/ copier. My current unit (a brother dcp120) has decided it no longer wishes to print Magenta which is very annoying. Primary use will be paperwork, and the occasional photo, would especially like ink refills to be cheap.

When I had an inkjet printer, I had an Espon, because I found the replacement cartridges were the cheapest.

Have cleaned the Heads Binky?

When I had an inkjet printer, I had an Espon, because I found the replacement cartridges were the cheapest.Have cleaned the Heads Binky?
Ohh Yess several times and tried a few other tricks to get ink moving. Haven't actually got round to completely dismantling printer, though its on the cards - now where's my favourite hammer :D

Get a Canon. They use the Single Ink technology. Basically when one of the colours run out, you just buy that colour. The problem with everyone else, is that they use 3 colours in one cartridge. when one runs out, you throw away the remaining ink in the colour cardridge. We have dispensed with most other colour printers at school in favour of Canon.

The MP560 (about

I love HP printers, but you need to sell a kidney when you need a new colour cartridge!

Kodak are claiming they can print significantly cheaper than anything else. May be worth a look?

We got a few Dell combination print scanner jobbies.. at our house..

The cartridges aint the cheapest but haven't had any problems with the printers..

Previously an Epsom went all crappy on the print no matter how much you cleaned it all up..

And an HP jobbie started messing up the paper feed..

kept jamming or pulling 3 or more sheets through

Despite thorough cleaning etc...

Our Dell's seam decent enough printers....

epson rx585 awesome and a full set of compatible inks 7 of

The epsons that I have had are all individual inks cartridges.

why not try a colour lazer printer. Theyve come down in price now and the quality of out of this world.Cheers
Agreed! I would never go back to an Inkjet.

don't buy a Samsung!Having much bother with a colour lazer at the surgery!
I agree 100% with that, Patch. I have had two and both are carp!

I love canon's photo pro printers but use colour lasers for normal doc's. Laser is much better than inkjet esp if the printouts are used in a damp environment.

i had that samsung laser too it was garbage.

i got it thinking laser would be crisp. no

and it had network support which didn't work

Had a samsung mono laser once. Its in a landfill somewhere now. My current colour laser is an HP.

I have a lexmark x4650, got it at half price at Morissons, does a really good job, but the ink is a bit expensive.

don't buy a Samsung!Having much bother with a colour lazer at the surgery!
i like samsung printers... had a few laser.... one of them is a ML1510 - had it about 8 years, and its only on its second drum. because of its age, just add toner and thats it - none of this re-setting chips etc

also got a CLX2160 - after lots of abuse, it now prints too much yellow (but only when its printing page after page, for upto 5/6 pages at a time, its fine)

main printer now though is an HP CP1215