NICEIC combined Part P & PIR?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicks electrix

Reaction score
Evening Forum

I spoke to a lady at NICEIC in December and she said that the NICEIC might be combining Part P and PIR in January. Does anyone know if this has gone ahead?

Thanks

I did speak to a lady today and she said yes. But they would say anything to get you to transfer over. Just wanted a confirmation before I transfer.

I am registered as a Domestic Installer with an extension to my scope for PIRs - I was told not to renew PIR part as it will probably become part of standard registration soon.

I am registered as a Domestic Installer with an extension to my scope for PIRs - I was told not to renew PIR part as it will probably become part of standard registration soon.
Told much the same by the chap who ran the virtual pir course I attended last year (apparently uptake of the pir registration scheam was so low peeps at nicey got twitchy rears).

Still had two or three letters from NICEIC on passing the course telling me I could have a years extention of scope for zilch but would have to pay for any subsiquent years I stayed registered for periodics.......

Latest posts