No DING DONG?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rossi74

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've replaced a whole Friedland doorbell system like for like and I'm only getting a DING and no DONG. any suggestions? I've never fitted or worked with doorbell systems before.

Thanks

Fitted a new push button, is it common for these new buttons to be faulty?

Hi guys, I've replaced a whole Friedland doorbell system like for like and I'm only getting a DING and no DONG. any suggestions? I've never fitted or worked with doorbell systems before.Thanks
Plastic casing distorting due to overtightened fixing screws preventing full movement of solenoid? or cardboard packing piece still in over one chime bar? are both possibilities.

Doc H.

Plastic casing distorting due to overtightened fixing screws preventing full movement of solenoid? or cardboard packing piece still in over one chime bar? are both possibilities.Doc H.
sounds good to me especially if he has changed it twice !!!!!!!!!!

You can buy a DONG as a spare part , I think Edmundsons do them . Unfortunately they don't stock the DINGS as N& Eyre has the concession to sell those.

However , try asking Steptoe as hes always playing with his DING-A-LING ( Copyright Chuck Berry)

When I saw the title I assumed it wasmarking the passing of Leslie Phillips.

You can buy a DONG as a spare part , I think Edmundsons do them . Unfortunately they don't stock the DINGS as N& Eyre has the concession to sell those. However , try asking Steptoe as hes always playing with his DING-A-LING ( Copyright Chuck Berry)
I would imagine that is a job you give to the apprentice, go to the wholesalers and buy a new Ding for the doorbell!

Doc H.

the fact its making half a noise proves that the switch is fine and the power supply, and that the solenoid is moveing, just its not hitting one of the plates

You can buy a DONG as a spare part , I think Edmundsons do them . Unfortunately they don't stock the DINGS as N& Eyre has the concession to sell those. However , try asking Steptoe as hes always playing with his DING-A-LING ( Copyright Chuck Berry)
I would imagine that is a job you give to the apprentice, go to the wholesalers and buy a new Ding for the doorbell!

Doc H.
And I thought you were going to say the app's job was to play with steps ding a ling

Wire trapped between the dong plate and solenoid?

I had a repair job like this the other week after customer took bell box off the wall for decorating.

Try getting someone to ring the door bell, whilst you have a look at the action of the bell solenoid.

You've wired it wrong.

Some of them were MADE to do that.

They had TWO connections for buttons.

The one from the front door made it go Ding Dong

The one from the back door just made it go Dong.

So you knew which door to go and answer.

Read the instructions.

I've had a problem like this before. You need to increase the voltage. On longer runs the volt drop can be enough to not throw the bar hard enough to ding then dong.

Easy fix though.

I've had a problem like this before. You need to increase the voltage. On longer runs the volt drop can be enough to not throw the bar hard enough to ding then dong. Easy fix though.
Think your gonna need a 3 phase supply to this doorbell lol :)

Latest posts