P I R light

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L Plate

Reaction score
Good day all ,

In my 3rd year project we need to include 1 PIR light .. in terms of where to get the source/connection I am thinking of 2 way of doing it , I need more info from you all.

1) I can take my source from my downstair lighting circuit and control in a double pole switch..

*** Reason , just incase if there is trouble in the long run , then I can just turn the switch off without affecting the other lights.

2) I can put a separate 6A mcb just for the PIR light alone.. but this is my hesitation , if I will put another 6A mcb just for the PIR , then I will end up of having 3x6A mcb in my CU ( 1 for downstairs lighting / 1 for upstairs lighting and the other one for the PIR .. which for me looks crowded )

Do I need to protect my PIR with mcb since this is an outside installation??

thank you all for your idea....

Lplate

Run it off the downstairs light circuit bud, and use a standard light switch, not a double pole one.AndyGuinness
thanks a lot zees , it sounds easy for me ..

Do I need to protect my PIR with mcb since this is an outside installation??
Everything needs overload protection.

I do like your DP switch idea. Complete isolation for maintenance and if there was a NE fault your RCD wouldn't trip.

I fitted my outside lights (and outside socket on the shed) all through DP isolators for that very reason.

Latest posts