part p certifying my own work who to join

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vince

Reaction score
after years of sub-contracting i am being offered a lot of domestic work and need to join the nic or one of the others so i can certify my own work.i could do with some advice on which one is best for me,prcedure cost and the length of time from application to actually being able to certify.i haven't got 2391 yet but want to do it in the next 12 months,any help advice would be appreciated

NICEIC or ELECSA if you want to get registered quickly.

NAPIT will want you to have 2391 as minimum, but they will allow you a year to obtain it upon registering with them.

I agree with deke elecsa is run by sparkys and they seem to make things as easy as possible. I'm not joined up yet however have rung them for advice and the assessor rung me straight back and was really helpful. Seem like nice people and very down to earth. Cheers

how long from applying till i can certify?i need to be able to do it asap or it means paying local council and to be honest its money down the drain

apply, then 3-4weeks you get your assesment, pass and you can self cert from there.

If you've got your head screwed on and know exactly what your doing, complete the job and self cert when you pass. Note you'll need at least complete 1 job to show elecsa.

after years of sub-contracting i am being offered a lot of domestic work and need to join the nic or one of the others so i can certify my own work.i could do with some advice on which one is best for me,prcedure cost and the length of time from application to actually being able to certify.i haven't got 2391 yet but want to do it in the next 12 months,any help advice would be appreciated
If you do the 2392 you can cert your own work but not others but i think you might have to be register of notifi labc