Part P consultation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The government has announced a consutation on Part P of the Building Regs .

The review is being undertaken following industry concern that it places an unnecessary burdon on homeowners and electricians by increasing costs and bureaucracy.

They think there may be three possible outcomes:- ( Quoting ECN Magazine)

1) Leave it as it is.

2) Scrap the whole thing completely.

3) Revise it to remove the inconveinience and resulted costs.

I can't see No,s 1 & 2 happening TBH so what does the Forum think ?

( Its your only chance to comment because as usual the rank and file won't be consulted.) :C

Is it not a forgone conclusion that opt 3 is the only choice that will be taken.

It reduces the bureaucracy whilst still giving a guise to the public that there is an approved method in place.

As with most authoritative decisions full of hot air and as much use as a chocolate teapot.

I wouldn't have thought that they will want to be loosing any money, it is a sham as it is though.

Dave, you could address the subject without actually mentioning that it doesn't apply to you up there in the Arctic Circle .
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png
:) Remember though that the hit squad are now trained and ready to go on a one minute alert .

Once the Dogs of War are unleased they cannot be stopped, they will set off from their various bases,on the Night Train crossing the border, bringing the Cheque and postal Order, letters for the rich, letters for the Poor, letters for the ........ sorry...sorry ...getting carried away again....my medication has run out .
default_tongue%20in%20cheek.png

NOW... the thing is .....can Dave talk about Part Pee without saying that they don't have it ooop there !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts