Personalised Number Plates

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See how easy it is Steps? Even Badger got it. ROTFWL

St3ps man, relax, you've had too many harsh winters here up north. The suns out now be happy and leave your groans behind. Your sounding like my dad, 'ey why don't you spend your money on something useful son, instead of wasting it on cars and beer'

St3ps man, relax, you've had too many harsh winters here up north. The suns out now be happy and leave your groans behind. Your sounding like my dad, 'ey why don't you spend your money on something useful son, instead of wasting it on cars and beer'
Well said that man!

If I called everyone who disagreed with MY biggoted prejudices an idiot I'd get thrown off the forum - quite rightly!

I have one on my personal car, bought it about 14 years ago, its a letter followed by 666 FOX, as Fox is my surname, it stands out a bit and looks abit different and I wouldn't say it was a waste of money at all, name something else you can buy for that kind of money and keep for the rest of your life, I can't.

i spend my money on essentials like drink & drugs, the rest I waste on stuff like food.

I do get the numbers letters thing, I just find it funny how people will go to great stretches of it all just to get a word, and I really do laugh when even they know its wrong by then putting what its meant to be on the bottom of the numberplate.

as for proper ones, I have no problem with that.

ie:- TOM 1977

but only if your name is TOM, it doesnt work so well if your name is ERIC or JAMES.

573PS

must see if its for sale. :D

From what i've noticed it seems to be compulsory if you have a Range Rover Sport but then I expect that's because drivers of these assume they're something special. Perhaps someone with one has the number TO55 ERS. That certainly would be appropriate.

Did see one years ago.

13AD 13OY.

BAD BOY.

Prodave that PEN15 is at least

35 years old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me that dont see the point in personalised number plates? Not because they are a waste of money but because most of the time it's really hard to work out what the plate actually says unless you know the owner of the car.

Is it just me that dont see the point in personalised number plates? Not because they are a waste of money but because most of the time it's really hard to work out what the plate actually says unless you know the owner of the car.
OK, so we agree on that,

now, anything else you can think we might agree on?

keep thinking, Im sure something will crop up! :|

depends what the personalised plates are for - there are 2 companies i know / work for use them. they all end with the same 3 letters. although its more to do with company image keeping the endings the same, rather than names etc

Did see one years ago.13AD 13OY.

BAD BOY.

Prodave that PEN15 is at least

35 years old.
You could not have seen that as its not a correct sequence, however BAD 130Y is currently on a Chrysler Crossfire.

On every thread on any site about number plates some one always quotes PEN 15. It was owned for many years by Steve Parish (ask steps who he is) & i used to see it round my way on a Triumph Hearald.