PFC on EIC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark2spark

Reaction score
Hi Guys, just a 'just wondering' type of question.

When you fill out an EIC, on the PFC bit, what do you put down?

I always use ohms law using the Ze and put down 0.6kA or whatever.

Trainee I am seeing again tomorrow appears to be saying that he's been taught at college to *always* put '6' down, as in 6 kA :shakehead

Hmmm...

6ka???

Just put down the highest measured value PSCC or PEFC

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, 6kA.

Glad it's not just me then :p

How can there be a difference on the 230v supply, of PSCC or PFC then Chris?

(not worded that very well but it's late, sorry)

Mark

PSCC is taken L-N, PEFC is taken L-E, With all bonds connected.

On a TNCS/PME they should be around the same as earth is connected to neutral in the supply head. On TNS, PEFC will usually be lower than PSCC as the earth has a higher resistance. On TT the PEFC will be substantially lower than PSCC as the earth has a higher resistance still.

Been down the pub so that probably doesnt read that well either!!

No that makes perfect sense Chris, thanks for the reply. I didn't think of TN-S systems, I pretty much only do stuff on PME so there's no difference on the 'Nature of Supply Parameters' obviously as N & E are the same thing.

No that makes perfect sense Chris, thanks for the reply. I didn't think of TN-S systems, I pretty much only do stuff on PME so there's no difference on the 'Nature of Supply Parameters' obviously as N & E are the same thing.
are you sure you dont mean TN-C-S ? ]:)

are you sure you dont mean TN-C-S ? ]:)
Yes ;) :innocent

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 22:02 ---------- Previous post was made at 22:01 ----------

Further to my OP:

Well I've cleared it up, trainee was confused, the '6' that is always put down refers to the 6kA limit on breakers :slap