Pipe carrier

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian932

Reaction score
Just down sized the van and can't get 2.4m and 3m items in the van now so I'm looking at pipe carrier's but they are damed expensive for a bit of drain pipe.

I'm not bothered about locking it just need cap on each end to stop gear falling out have any of you inventor types come up with your own solution ?:|

Well, not so much an idea..

But I have a Berlingo....... ; \ :^O

So anything beyond 2.2metres is a problem.................But!!

As I work on my own, 3m lengths fit nicely from the rear door to the front windscreen (I have no bulkhead).

:p

Just down sized the van and can't get 2.4m and 3m items in the van now so I'm looking at pipe carrier's but they are damed expensive for a bit of drain pipe.I'm not bothered about locking it just need cap on each end to stop gear falling out have any of you inventor types come up with your own solution ?:|
Take a piece of 4" pva pipe and 2 blanking caps. Available from any plumbing wholesaler.

Fit 1 of the blanking caps to one end with PVA cement and some pop rivets.

Place the other cap on the other end and drill 2 holes near to the back edge, one at 3 O'Clock and one at 9 O'Clock. Do not glue this end on:p:p

Buy a 6" padlock and put through the holes.

Secure to roof rack.

Guiness DrinkGuiness DrinkGuiness Drink

Take a piece of 4" pva pipe and 2 blanking caps. Available from any plumbing wholesaler. Fit 1 of the blanking caps to one end with PVA cement and some pop rivets.

Place the other cap on the other end and drill 2 holes near to the back edge, one at 3 O'Clock and one at 9 O'Clock. Do not glue this end on:p:p

Secure to roof rack.

Blimey 'spark-doctor' I need one as well................

Applaud Smiley

:p

Just need a roof rack now... :eek:

; \
At 4am, break into Steps yard

Rob 3 lengths of 25mm angle iron

Cut to length and weld to roof of van

If you are posh, paint it

Job done

At 4am, break into Steps yardRob 3 lengths of 25mm angle iron

Cut to length and weld to roof of van

If you are posh, paint it

Job done
Mmm.....

More expense..

:)

That is what I will be doing when I get a van Spark-doctor.

There are some sparks' van down here like that BUT it is the Plumbers who are in the majory, down this way that have the 4" on their roof.

As has been said....

If ya tight on cash, find some soil pipe from a site/yard (available brown or black).

Solvent weld an end cap on one end.

You can buy screw on caps, so solvent weld that fitting on the other. This will allow you to have a water tight removable cap.

Job done :D

D.

Take a piece of 4" pva pipe and 2 blanking caps. Available from any plumbing wholesaler. Fit 1 of the blanking caps to one end with PVA cement and some pop rivets.

Secure to roof rack.

Spot on sparks - thanks for that just by luck the bloke doin our sewage treatment plant has left four lenghts of 4" only thing is they are terracotta, beggers can't be choosers ehh. just need a couple of blanks:)

Spot on sparks - thanks for that just by luck the bloke doin our sewage treatment plant has left four lenghts of 4" only thing is they are terracotta, beggers can't be choosers ehh. just need a couple of blanks:)
I'm sure you can treat yourself to such a luxury..

:D