Plugs

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Osprey2023

Reaction score
Hi all

I bought an air fryer and it has an EU plug. I want a converter plug for it. I’ve found the right one - https://www.euronetwork.co.uk/Products/SearchProduct?SearchString=19-1032

However I don’t know which amp rating to get. The European plug on the air fryer says 16A 250V and the actual sticker on the bottom says 220-240V 50-60Hz 1450W

Any help in picking the right one would be appreciated

Thanks

It's quite true that it should not have been sold in UK like that.

However, in practical terms, if you don't want to return it then chopping off the Euro plug and fitting a standard 13 amp plug is acceptable.

It's quite true that it should not have been sold in UK like that.

However, in practical terms, if you don't want to return it then chopping off the Euro plug and fitting a standard 13 amp plug is acceptable.
Thanks a lot

Sold by Urban Outfitters to my daughter - they said that she shouldn’t use an adapter. They’ve said she can have her money back and keep it. So rather than throwing it away I was looking at converting it - but just wanted to do it safely

Now I’ve taken the plug off I see it has the standard yellow blue and brown wires, so thanks for the supoort

Assume I put a 13A fuse in given it’s 1450W ??

The fact it hasn't come with a 13A plug fitted would make me doubt it's safety. If you want your daughter to be safe get the appliance from a reputable source.