Price per sq metre?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIMMYJKB

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the average/approx price per square metre for periodic test and inspection is?

We have always based our quotes on price per circuit but have now been asked to provide a quote but calculated on a price per square metre

thanks

NO idea,

that to me is as stoopid as a stoopid idea.

massive factory with 2 or 3 dozen circuits Vs a small IT place with dozens upon dozens of circuits.!!!!

had this problem before and i totally agree your testing a sports hall and your quids in

testing an it suite and your contemplating suicide

take our house fore example, 22 circuits on a standard domestic 2 bed bungalow, inc pond (4 SOCKETS) and sheds(1 LIGHT 2 SOCKETS) and greenhouse (1 SKT 1 LIGHT)), (pond on seperate supply to shed and greenhouse) garage sockets(6SOCKETS), cctv circuit(4SOCKETS), lights (6) and fan and mirror light in bathroom, lights in kitchen (16) and outhouse (3) /pantry(2), heating in bathroom towel rad spur (1), boiler/heating (1), up sockets (12), study sockets (10), alarm(1) , security light(1), outdoor lighting(12 low energy downlights), downstairs lights (15) inc downlights), up lights (18 iNC LOW ENERGY DOWNLIGHTS),lights in study (10 low energy downlights), sockets kitchen (11), sockets down (15), internet/netork supply (2) , outside sockets (2), shower (1), cooker (1) so you see our house is a standard house setup but has lots of circuits to test due to keeping all circuits on as small amount of power loss as possible. would you say on our per circuit, or would you just see how big the floor plan is,

Does anyone know what the average/approx price per square metre for periodic test and inspection is?We have always based our quotes on price per circuit but have now been asked to provide a quote but calculated on a price per square metre

thanks
Welcome to the forum JIMMYJKB. Wouldn't this also be dependent upon other factors like the number of persons needed and their hourly rates and if any access equipment needed, high ceilings or low ceilings, step ladders or cherry pickers?

Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 13:14 ---------- Previous post was made at 13:05 ----------

take our house fore example, 22 circuits on a standard domestic 2 bed bungalow, inc pond (4 SOCKETS) and sheds(1 LIGHT 2 SOCKETS) and greenhouse (1 SKT 1 LIGHT)), (pond on seperate supply to shed and greenhouse) garage sockets(6SOCKETS), cctv circuit(4SOCKETS), lights (6) and fan and mirror light in bathroom, lights in kitchen (16) and outhouse (3) /pantry(2), heating in bathroom towel rad spur (1), boiler/heating (1), up sockets (12), study sockets (10), alarm(1) , security light(1), outdoor lighting(12 low energy downlights), downstairs lights (15) inc downlights), up lights (18 iNC LOW ENERGY DOWNLIGHTS),lights in study (10 low energy downlights), sockets kitchen (11), sockets down (15), internet/netork supply (2) , outside sockets (2), shower (1), cooker (1) so you see our house is a standard house setup but has lots of circuits to test due to keeping all circuits on as small amount of power loss as possible. would you say on our per circuit, or would you just see how big the floor plan is,
This is a growing trend with more and more RCD & RCBO protected circuits being installed. I would guess that most average sized domestic properties have probably nearly double the number of final circuits they had 20+ years ago. so property size remains constant but number of circuits to test has increased. Commercial applications would also have more circuits simply due the the ever increasing quality of IT equipment needed to run the average business. Have you noticed the amount of power and data cables at the typical shop till pay desk?

Doc H.

I agree, my house has went from the standard 4way CU to now a 15way board that is full, in hindsight I would have went bigger, Ive had to double up a few circuits, :|

I agree, my house has went from the standard 4way CU to now a 15way board that is full, in hindsight I would have went bigger, Ive had to double up a few circuits, :|
Should I correct my previous post and suggest Triple rather than Double!

Doc H.