PV production routing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah ok........

Does it really ?

May I ask what your background is and what experience you have with Solar PV / Inverters / Batteries ? Interested to hear.
Sorry also HNC electrical electronic but rarely use HNC design skills (boring stuff) rather be hands on managing my team
Installed inverters since 2008 of which 90% still working (untouched) never had an issue with a solar panel. Battery technology recently with the evolution and enjoying. I also have city in guilds in battery technology

May I ask the same John?
Apprentice steelworks electrician
City & Guilds electronic technicians cert
HND electronic engineering
Service engineer for Avery Weighing Scale worldwide
20 years + electronic development work - microprocessor based real time control systems - blank sheet of paper - schematic design - PCB layout - Assembly - Program - Test - Production.
I.T Business in Gainsborough (LincIT Ltd est 23 years)
Novell CNE, Microsoft Network Engineer, CISCO systems Engineer
Network Manager At A Technology College
Driving Standards Agency Approved Driving Instructor
12 year offshore - Senior Pilot / Technician Remotely Operated Vehicle in the oil, gas and wind industry
3 years Civil Aviation Authority commercial drone trainer, examiner
5 Years commercial drone pilot mainly wind turbine inspections
Now retired

In parallel with the above
British Gliding Association Silver C & Diamond Height
Private Pilots License
British Model Flying Association Are Chief Examiner and Area Chief Instructor
City & Guilds Autocad design
Pool Lifeguard

Apart from that, nothin really :)

Very good John. đź‘Ť

Look forward to future chats

My only problem is having the time to contribute here (work is busy running a business and being on the tools also)

I guess I will have to try one liners

Installed inverters since 2008 of which 90% still working (untouched) never had an issue with a solar panel. Battery technology recently with the evolution and enjoying. I also have city in guilds in battery technology
any idea what makes of inverter? Back in 2008 I would assume they were the old transformer types?

Didn't know there was a C&G in batteries, I might have a look at that. I've just retired, but batteries are interesting.

thanks all
i have plenty to read up on!
my house has a few smart systems i've put in over time. i expect it is time to rationalise the lot! The Shelly system is looking interesting!

Incidentally: could you tell me what pins 5&6 are for on me emlite ECA2 imp/exp meter please

Attachments

• meter.jpg
    meter.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 0
thanks all
i have plenty to read up on!
my house has a few smart systems i've put in over time. i expect it is time to rationalise the lot! The Shelly system is looking interesting!

Incidentally: could you tell me what pins 5&6 are for on me emlite ECA2 imp/exp meter please
It's an open collector output which pulses at a rate relevant to current flow.
emlite eca2.PNG

Latest posts