PV production routing

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there
I'm building a PV system (15Kw) and I want to be able to route the power, depending on production rate. so as I get close to' feed in' switch on say tumble dryer then car then pool heater etc. My system is based on Enphase equipment, apparently they make a " IQ router+", but I'm struggling to find info on it.
Can anyone help on this, or is there other kit on the market that I could research please.

So if current does not flow to places of least resistance. What does it do ?
Does software really control current flow?

So if current does not flow to places of least resistance. What does it do ?
Does software really control current flow?
You notice in my reply I mentioned 'Smart Sockets'. Using Home Assistant software running on a PC or Raspberry Pi, the output of the solar PV system can be monitored. Logic can be programmed for example 'if export is > 3000w switch on the tumble drier. Thats how the power distribution could be controlled. There are other devices such as Myenergi ZAPPI and EDDI that also make intelligent use of solar excess. EDDI is very good, it controls the immersion heater and can supply variable current to it. If the solar PV is exporting say 800w, EDDI will ramp up the power to the immersion to 800w, removing the export from the grid. ZAPPI is an intelligent EV wallbox that also monitors the import / export, when it sees export above 1.4KW it will start to charge an EV at 1.4 kW, increasing this as more solar becomes available.

You notice in my reply I mentioned 'Smart Sockets'. Using Home Assistant software running on a PC or Raspberry Pi, the output of the solar PV system can be monitored. Logic can be programmed for example 'if export is > 3000w switch on the tumble drier. Thats how the power distribution could be controlled. There are other devices such as Myenergi ZAPPI and EDDI that also make intelligent use of solar excess. EDDI is very good, it controls the immersion heater and can supply variable current to it. If the solar PV is exporting say 800w, EDDI will ramp up the power to the immersion to 800w, removing the export from the grid. ZAPPI is an intelligent EV wallbox that also monitors the import / export, when it sees export above 1.4KW it will start to charge an EV at 1.4 kW, increasing this as more solar becomes available.
Yes setting and relays

In my experience a hybrid inverter will release energy flow on demand from a battery to the home. It will not discharge to the grid

Technology is great these days, but some times for me simple is better

And we have given Paul two different avenues to explore
So good work

Paul suggest
Ac coupled inverter
Givenergy all in one 13.5kw
Libbi myenergy
Or
Tesla powerwall

In my experience a hybrid inverter will release energy flow on demand from a battery to the home. It will not discharge to the grid
Oh yes it will

Technology is great these days, but some times for me simple is better
Not sure which technology you're talking about here, if for example you think EDDI si too complicated, it really works and is incredibly efficient at using all of the excess solar which would otherwise go to the grid.

And we have given Paul two different avenues to explore
So good work
Did 'we' really? :):)

Yes inverter technology has really improved both hybrid and ac coupled

But home smart systems are also a good route

Cheaper if hybrid inverter was fitted instead of micro inverters

Ac coupled is ac monitoring
Hybrid converts solar from roof pits in battery and home

Cheaper if hybrid inverter was fitted instead of micro inverters

Ac coupled is ac monitoring
Ah ok........

Hybrid converts solar from roof pits in battery and home
Does it really ?

May I ask what your background is and what experience you have with Solar PV / Inverters / Batteries ? Interested to hear.

I have never used home assist. But there will be some clients that will require this.
John have you a list product/ manufacture you use ?
It will help my on going business

I have never used home assist. But there will be some clients that will require this.
Well worth a look

John have you a list product/ manufacture you use ?
For what? Inverters I have Victron and Growatt, Batteries I have Growatt and Home Made, BMS I have NEEY and Seplos, Panels I have LG, Home Assistant runs of a Miniature Dell PC

It will help my on going business
And your business is?

Latest posts