PV solar

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

briggs9

Reaction score
What's the deal with PV solar installs is any one installing these is there any money in it?

What's the deal with PV solar installs is any one installing these is there any money in it?
I think you will find that there is! we have a sub sub forum specifically on this topic. Photovoltaic Panels (PV), Solar Panels & Green Energy Forum (Wind Turbines, Renewable Energy Are you new to the trade briggs9? I would have thought most electricians would have had some basic knowledge of the publicity relating to feed-in-tariffs and numerous companies involved in promoting solar panel installs?

Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was made at 17:10 ----------

Thread moved.

Doc H.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doc

I have been a sparky for 15 years got side tracked in to facilities management for a while. Just looking for a new avenue to explore.

I will check out the forum.

I'm already installing AS and GS heating pumps. Starting a rain water harvesting install next month.

There is good money to be made in this Market.

PV solar would be another good option to offer my clients. From what I can make out it seems pretty easy.

There is good money to be made in this Market.
I know a chimney sweep that earns good money, it don't mean that anybody starting up tomorrow will do the same.

PV solar ~~ seems pretty easy.
`scuse me while I choke.

If you`d driven 80 miles, to a 50 degree ancient looking slate roof, with frequent heavy showers, and scaffolding that runs 5Metres, when the staging area was supposed to be seven metres, and the loft is covered in bat guano.........then had to drive back home 12+ hours later, KNOWING you had to put tomorrows job off, `cos you had to go back and finish todays job (but there wouldn`t be any extra money in it).......YOU would`t say it was easy.

Look through some of the recent threads on this - there are more issues, concerns and difficulties than you can shake a sh1tty stick at.

easy! Huh. :coat

Yes mate - I had a great day.....I`m not a roofer, so I stayed dry (ish), and finished all MY stuff.

But had to deal with the office, the customer, the roofer & the scaffolders......and the roof is about half finished, FCOL.

I`ve got my DCs in the loft, waiting to go out, AC to the inverter, AC circuit tests completed, and can`t do any more until the last two rails go on.....then we`ll get the panels up quickfast, commission and away.

WHY? What made you think i`d had a bad day] :) :innocent :tongue in cheek :popcorn

Latest posts