Raw Data

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matmanning

Reaction score
Can anyone help? I have done an installation transmitting raw data over Cat6 to HDMI tv's, separated cable runs, separated mains voltage and data cable runs.

TV picture is dropping out for about a second when anything in the house is switched. Tried filters, they have helped a little.

Has anyone got any suggestions of anything else to try?

Using hdcable.co.uk product

Thanks

What filters on what?

What is the wiring in the house like, what are the switches like? I get the odd problem with older or cheaper switches.

Filters are on power ie dirty power filters. On data transmitter and receiver.

The data is not split in to packets.

The data cable is not screened. It dose not travel closer than 50mm to mains power except where it crosses .

Hope some one can help!!

Thanx Mat.

Filters are on power ie dirty power filters. On data transmitter and receiver.The data is not split in to packets.

The data cable is not screened. It dose not travel closer than 50mm to mains power except where it crosses .

Hope some one can help!!

Thanx Mat.
What piece of kit are you using to convert from HDMI to CAT6 and back?

Does this happen on all circuits lighting and Ring etc, or just on some?

The more detail will help one or all of us collectively to solve it

The product is this: http://www.hdcable.co.uk/hdmi-cat5-optical-audio-ir-extender.html

The Cat6 is not screened. I was not aware that screened Cat6 was available TBH.

The picture drop outs occur on all circuits it seems.

The client reports that whenever he switches on a lightswitch, or when the fridge cuts in, or when the dishwasher is running the drop outs occur.

All the wiring is new and the switches are new.

Appreciate your comments guys. I'm totally scratching my head.

Has anybody heard of an "earth leak" - this has been mentioned on an AV forum that I found doing my searches

Has anybody heard of an "earth leak" - this has been mentioned on an AV forum that I found doing my searches
Could be they're referring to accumulated earth leakage currents of the interconnected devices, since most are not earthed to the supply and the capacitive coupling will result in differing potentials on the common rails until they're all tied together.

I know this is a bit obvious, but have you had a chat with the manufacturer, worth a try?