Ring Main Starts At Old Cooker Feed Point

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone, I have a 32 amp breaker there, for just three units (mentioned above), am I O.K. to use a 20 amp ?

Thanks for that, it's appreciated. So after all this glorification of Part P, it won't apply to kitchens then, I thought that was one of the main bits of part P ? Forgive my ignorance. So do you reckon that this oven should be on a fused spur or plugged in ? and is a 32amp mcb too big ?
considering kitchens are were I find the most lash-ups, this is a serious change to part p. free reign for builders to balls things up!!!!

considering kitchens are were I find the most lash-ups, this is a serious change to part p. free reign for builders to balls things up!!!!
To be honest, changes in part P will make no difference, the cowboys will still ride off into the sunset, the DIY band will continue to bodge things, the people that actually try and do it right will still pay the tax.

Unless part P is enforced and prosecutions are made for failing to notify it's pointless.

Last edited by a moderator:
They haven't had the oven yet, but I'm more at ease now with the project.

Thanks to everyone who gave advice.

To be honest, changes in part P will make no difference, the cowboys will still ride off into the sunset, the DIY band will continue to bodge things, the people that actually try and do it right will still pay the tax.

Unless part P is enforced and prosecutions are made for failing to notify it's pointless.

went to install a range cooker today,

the suppliers refused to connect it because it needed a 6mm cable feed, and the cable in the kitchen was a 10mm,!!!!   :shakehead

the suppliers refused to connect it because it needed a 6mm cable feed, and the cable in the kitchen was a 10mm,!!!!   :shakehead
probably because they are not a sparky, and if it differers from their instructions, they are suddenly incompetent to do the job and will leave it (and still try to get paid, cliaming its the customers fault)

Last edited by a moderator:

FFS...

You of all people should know if the cable is TOOO big..

you get too much electricity going into the cooker...

AND then...... everything cooks too fast and burns all the food !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some people!!!

:Blushing

:popcorn

:coat

FFS...

AND then...... everything cooks too fast and burns all the food !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some people!!!

so thats why my cooker takes too long to cook, the cable is only 6mm

FFS...

some people!!!

that is what the customer asked me about as that was basically what the delivery/fitting guys told her,

too big a cable would give it too much power!!!   :shakehead

Latest posts