rointe heaters

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Low Energy means low heat output.

With electric heating, it's all 100% efficient. Electrical watts in = heat watts out.

So anybody claiming to have a low energy / cheaper system is, basically lying. Yes a low energy heater will cost less per hour to run, but will take longer to heat the room, so will need to be on for longer. So no saving in electricity costs.

As for replacing gas with peak rate electricity I think it's bonkers, unless perhaps your gas boiler is on it's last legs and needs replacing. But if you do go down that route, at least make sure you can get an Economy 10 tariff where yo are, so that at least some of your usage will be at the cheap rate.

And don't forget you will also have to do something to heat your hot water once you get rid of the gas boiler.

Thanks pro dave for quick reply i was looking at one off them un vented tanks for hot water it could also do rads as well

just in thought at moment like you say it all boils down to running cost .

allso looking at codensor type boiler as i just have a standard boiler at mo gravty with header tank

so looking for a more cost effective system to run but it all new to me