Samsung Cctv Kit Sde-3003

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stoneman

Reaction score
Hi,

Had the joy of installing a customer supplied kit the other day. It's a samsung 'mickey mouse' kit with 2 cams and a DVR.

The cams are connected with CAT5 cable and terminated at each end with RJ45's.

Customer wants me to supply and install another 2 cams. It doesn't look like the cams supplied are true IP - I think the RJ45s are just for there for connection (maybe cams have in-built baluns?).

Has anyone seen this Samsung kit?

I'm going to quote for 2 off standard 700TVL domes - hopefully I can make up a lead to go from shotgun to RJ45... I don't have the luxury of playing with the kit as it's now installed.

Cheers..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup - I`ve got this kit.

According to Samsung`s website - they`re "proper" IP cam`s - I`ll have to chuck one through the router, and see if it comes out the other end............ ;)

Thanks KME!

The cams in the kit have RJ45 connections but no dip switches to set an address . This is why I think they aren't IP.

Actually, the UI on the stock client is quite slick.

The kit retails on Amazon around £200 - not cheap?

Cheers.

Thanks KME!

The cams in the kit have RJ45 connections but no dip switches to set an address . This is why I think they aren't IP.

Actually, the UI on the stock client is quite slick.

The kit retails on Amazon around £200 - not cheap?

Cheers.
Jesus thats a cheap camera system compared to mine for example being around 4grand!!!