Sbs Trade Sales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PLEASE NOTE, I AM ON HOLIDAY FOR 1 WEEK COMMENCING SUNDAY  1 SEPTEMBER 2013

If you need any RCBOs, etc, between now and then, please e-mail me with your order.

I will be able to process orders received up to Saturday AM, for pickup Monday and delivery Tuesday 3 Sept.

SBS Dave

Hi Batty,

I am having a senility attack again. Please e-mail me to remind me of your Company name and which Invoice is still to be issued.

David

attachicon.gif
SBS-TDline changeover #1.JPG
attachicon.gif
SBS-TDline changeover #2.JPG

SBS STANDARD RCBOs  -  STILL THE SAME PRODUCT  -  JUST A NAME CHANGE

My product, like a lot on the market, is a generic product, sold under different brands around the world. It has been sold in the UK by MK, Chint, Contactum, TDline and others. It is a genuine 10KA ssc and the are ALL IDENTICAL in technical specification.

Just fitted a Contactum RCBO into one of there CUs today and they are exactly the same as these SBS branded versions.

Difference is I paid 18.99 plus vat for it. Won't be again though!

HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

Quiet in August, but everybody ordered in September and left me in s*it creek.

Also, it must have been "FIT A RADIAL" month, because I sold more 16A & 20A Compacts than 6A & 32A.

Chinese Factory is now on 7 days holiday, but couldn't complete my order before that, because power shortages means they only have supply 3-4 days per week.

I am sat here in agony with a pinched sciatic nerve and I have 3 DBs to assemble and ship.

I had considered taking an overdose, but the local Co-op won't sell me enough painkillers to do the job. F****** NANNY STATE!!!

Where was I ?? Oh yes, SBS business.

I am virtually out of stock of 16A & 20A Compacts, but not bad for the other sizes. Could be 2-3 weeks before the new order arrives.

I apologise if that leaves some of you in the creek as well, but increase in business since May has just been exponential.

SBS Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andy,

I believe I just responded to the same message in my PM file.

Anyway, no problem, fire away.

Hi Zeespark,

We had a lengthy PM conversation, so I assume your questions were answered. If you have more questions, please contact me either here or on my PM.

Hi davidlane,

The name sounds familiar, but I can't remember in what context.

I'm an old fart and the memory is faulty. Please jog it for me.

SBS Dave

Domae Board #1.jpgDomae Board #3.jpgDomae Board#2.jpg

I have just posted my NEW PRICE LIST on the first page of this SBS Trade Sales thread.

The main change is that I have added the DOMAE range of enclosures to my stock.

Currently, I have the ENC-14D and ENC-18D, which fill in a gap in my existing range.

I shall start to stock the ENC-8D and ENC-10D in the next few weeks.

They are not really suitable for SWA or conduit applications, as they have no sidewalls.

The advantage of them, however, is maximum access for wiring and they can be configured left or right hand Main Switch.

They are tall enough for standard RCBOs and also lend themselves to Compact application, with regard to the flexible positioning of the neutral and earth bars.

My own SBS IP65 range has been very popular, but, because of high freight costs from China, I am losing money on the range. Unless I can reduce the freight overhead, I shall have to phase out this range.

I am once again struggling to maintain stock on the Compacts, partly due to demand, but mainly because of the Chinese factory holiday shutdown, plus their electricity supply problems, which is available only 3-4 days per week.

SBS Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andy,

All main switches, not just mine, can be fitted on left or right in any DIN rail board.

However, some boards, like the MK, are designed for L/H main switch, which means the neutral block is also on the left.

There is also a substantial space to the left of the main switch, with plenty room for the tails.

My SBS range and the Domae are designed for left hand or right hand switch, with equal space either end.

When I sell a complete board, if R/H switch is specified, I would recommend an SBS or now a Domae one, although the MK. Is OK, but the switch would be at the extreme right of the board.

If I abandon the SBS range, I think the Domae would be a good replacement for it for both Standard and Compact RCBOs.

SBS Dave

Is there a standard delivery charge, or does it depend on what you order and where its going to?

Hi Bulmer,

The charge for a small parcel <350mm and <5KG is £6.00. That covers upto and including a 12-way board. Anywhere on UK mainland

A medium parcel <450mm and < 10KG is £7.00 and a large parcel <600mm and <15KG is £8.00.

Normal delivery is; place an order (preferably by e-mail) Day 1 any time, day or night, I build the board Day 2, shipped Day 3 and delivered Day 4.

If you contact me earlier enough Day 1 and if I am available, I can build Day1, ship Day 2 and deliver Day 3. A lot of my local customers pick up from my place, quite often the same day. An electrician phoned me last night at 9.00PM for a board to replace a fire-damaged one. He picked it up 9.00AM this morning.

SBS Dave