Sbs Trade Sales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RCBO MCB setup 1.JPGRCBO MCB setup 2.JPGRCBO MCB setup 3.JPG

Further to my last post, I have attached photos of my new busbar arrangements, to accommodate both Compact RCBOs and MCBs on the same DIN rail.

This means you can have none-RCD circuits for Alarms, Fire Detectors, Freezers, etc, where you have determined this is necessary.

This arrangement is best applied when you order a DB from me, but I am working on a retro-kit, which would include the necessary bits and modification instructions.

In the meantime, any feedback on my adding meter tails to my product range would be welcome.

SBS Dave

Hi Dave, I do use Merlin Gerin boards have done so for years because I like the set up. I have never had to go back to any I have installed. The problem I have is the price as you know its very expensive for the RCBO's. I use type A's and type B's. I have spoken with my accounts department and have tried to get them to contact yourself in anticipation of using your boards for our future installs. This decision is based on the favourable reviews given on this forum.

I almost always install metal clad boards and never less than 14 ways. Most are three phase but not all.

I am due to start my next project at the end of January, I will PM you the details of the board requirements and let my accounts know what you can do for us.

Hello Dave will call you next week as regards of more stock.

I like the idea of non RCD protected ways does your supplier do double pole Mcb's if so maybe you could supply maybe a few popular sizes  i.e. B6 for smokes and possibly 40 amps for outbuildings. Maybe a few other sizes to.

Tails I generally buy 50 metres at a time. A while back I did enquire about getting tails in brown/brown and blue/blue as used by DNO. wholesalers said no I did enquire at a few manufacturers who said they would supply but they only do a run at a time. A few members were interested but never went further into it. Not sure if this may be a good seller for you. 

I am not sure how good a seller B25 compact RCBO's would be maybe a few members could give feedback.

Hi Manator,

Thanks for your interest and look forward to hopefully doing some business with you this year.

Hi Batty,

As one of my biggest users of Compact RCBOs, I value your opinions on their application.

I cannot source a 2-pole MCB, that can have LINE in at the bottom, to match my Compact RCBO, which can have LINE in at the top or bottom.

Most MCBs from China and elsewhere are designed for LINE in at the top, but we use them the other way round in the UK, without any functional problems.

The 2-pole MCB is the same as the 1-pole, with just a set of switch contacts on the neutral leg, so there should not be a problem with reverse connection.

However, I can't get any manufacturers to confirm this in writing, so I have shelved the idea for the moment. The main problem in any event, is that the offset terminals are at the top on the 2-pole MCBs, not at the bottom, like the Compact RCBOs. This means the busbars would not align properly and there would be creepage distance problems.

I think you are correct about my market for meter tails, since you are the only person to offer some advice, including the 200 non-TEF customers I e-mail on a regular basis.

With regard to 25A MCBs or RCBOs, I have had several people suggesting I stock them and I have long thought that a 25A/ 2.5mm radial would be a useful alternative to a 32A ring circuit. However, I rely on input from existing and potential customers for my marketing decisions and work on the basis of "no news is bad news".

That is why I currently do not stock 25A sizes and why I only have a token stock of meter tails.

However, I am happy to consider any other products people feel would be of interest, as long as it is commercially viable.

SBS Dave

Funny enough I had a chat last week with Zee about 25amp rcbo's, blow me yesterdays job a 25amp compact DP rcbo would have fitted the bill nicely

WHAT A DIFFERENCE A DAY MAKES!!!!

I have done £1,000.00 turnover today, with more in the pipe line, so the good stocks referred to previously, are looking a bit iffy.

I am OK for stock on all sizes of Standard RCBOs, but my Compacts are dwindling fast. With the Chinese New Year in full swing,

it could be the back end of February, before I receive more stock.

I am therefore taking the unprecedented step of listing my present stock levels.

CRB-B6     9

CRB-B10   31

CRB-B16   11

CRB-B20   19

CRB-B32   14

CRB-B40   11

CRB-C6     33

CRB-C16   24

CRB-C20    9

CRB-C32   19

CRB-C40    4

I am on holiday 7th Feb to 14th Feb, so I will do my best to satisfy orders from the above stock before I go.

Please seriously consider using the C curves instead of B curves wherever possible, or switch to Standard RCBOs in the short term. I will deal with orders on a first come / first served basis.

SBS Dave

Back from my holidays with a scalp infection, so I am on antibiotics and max strength co-codamol !!

My other source of headache is the Chinese Factory shutting down for 2 weeks over Chinese New Year.

They are now quoting mid-March for my Compact RCBO shipment.

In spite of that, I have still managed to keep customers going, thanks to them taking either C curve Compacts or using Standard RCBOs.

The Standard RCBOs are still only £10.00 each, which is pretty hard to beat.

I now have 33 customers from the TEF Forum, who this month represent 45% of my sales, so my sponsorship has really been worthwhile.

And I still don't advertise elsewhere, still don't have a website and STILL SELL ONLY TO THE TRADE!!

My current stock at the moment is

CRB-B6     5

CRB-B10   18

CRB-B16   2

CRB-B20   1

CRB-B40   5

CRB-C6     2

CRB-C16   13

CRB-C20    9

CRB-C32    3

CRB-C40    1

If anyone can satisfy a CU spec out of the above, I will be happy to supply it.

Alternatively, I can supply all sizes of Standard RCBO from stock.

I will keep you posted re Compact availability.

SBS Dave

Cheers Dave & thanks for the rush order at the start of the week....................as always a fine service.

I picked the 21 way MK enclosure up from the local wholesaler & built it up on their counter................the place was full of sparks & all were so impressed with the compact rcbo's, you may end up with a few more enquiries from the Newbury area.

Have to admit I pointed them to the forum for your contact details. :innocent

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a happy new customer, I like the very quick look over Dave. I am impressed and at the price an absolute bargain.

+ 1 To that, delivery time is also exceptional.

Might be an idea Dave if you could put Fragile labels on the boxes, they have been a bit battered, but fortunately no damage.

I would like some spare compacts, and will email you on Monday.

+ 1 To that, delivery time is also exceptional.

Might be an idea Dave if you could put Fragile labels on the boxes, they have been a bit battered, but fortunately no damage.

I would like some spare compacts, and will email you on Monday.
I must be a special customer then! My package came with fragile stickers. M107 I will do some photo's  :slap

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your plaudits. All I need now is some bloody stock!!

Sorry about the Fragile labels, Steve. I must have had a senior moment, as I ALWAYS put Fragile Labels on the boxes.

I am glad there was no damage to the goods.

Hi Slipshod,

The prices are £13.00 for B curve and £14.00 for C curve, as per post #1.

I offered the C curve a lower price a few weeks ago, to get rid of a shipment of C curve sent in error.

Most of them gave gone, so I have reverted back to normal pricing.

Several people have advised me that ECD are offering their Compact RCBOs from stock  I too have received their e-mail.

ECD Compact Ad.PNG

Compact RCBO - SBS, ECD Comparison.JPG

I seem to be having problems adding photos to posts, but I will continue.

ECD have been offering them for a couple of years, but they have always been OUT OF STOCK.

ECD says, " Well its here"

SBS says,  "It's been here for 3 years and we have sold a few thousand of them"

SO, WHAT'S DIFFERENT BETWEEN  PRODUCTS AND SERVICES OFFERED BY THE TWO COMPANIES?

SBS   Compacts in 6A, 10A, 16A, 20A, 32A, &  40A

ECD   Compacts in 6A, 10A, 16A, 20A & 32A only.

SBS   Compacts rated and stated at 6000A ssc.

ECD   Probably rated at 6000A, but stated at 4500A ssc

SBS   LINE in at the TOP or BOTTOM.

ECD   LINE in at the top only (opposite to the UK - look closely at their markings in the photo)

SBS   Your Board comes fully assembled.

ECD   Components come separately (I believe)

SBS   Bespoke Assemblies to your exact specification.

ECD   Don't do assemblies (I believe)

SBS   Fully qualified to Full Scope Standard.

ECD   I don't believe so,( but are probably expert in other fields)

SBS   SELL ONLY TO THE TRADE

ECD   Sell to anybody via the Internet.

SBS   We are TEF Forum Sponsors, with a strong support from Members.

ECD   They are no longer Sponsors.

The Compact on the left in the photo is a similar spec to theirs (available as 4500A ssc) and I could do it cheaper than theirs, but it is LINE at top only.

Hopefully, you will realise that it is not what they say in their advert that is important, but WHAT THEY DON'T SAY!!

SBS Dave

Hi Dave,

Do you know if the standard RCBOs will fit in a Legrand board? It seems to have a fairly standard fat copper busbar at the bottom...

Thank you for the great kit previously supplied :) :)

TTFN. Dave.

I don't think you have anything to worry about Dave, your product wins hands down mate.

Thanks M107,

I know I have nothing to worry about, it's just that I don't want people to think that the 2 Companies, Products and Services are the same.

Hi Dave,

I have a Legrand MCB in front of me and the terminal connection is lower than my RCBO terminal, so, on the face of it, they are not compatible.

However, if you let me know exactly how you want to change the existing device setup and I may be able to come up with a customised busbar.

SBS Dave

I am certainly happy with your product Dave so would not change. I would not want to put my circuit breakers upside down either.

Please email me a soon as stock is back in I am desperate for compacts and have a couple of urgent jobs plus usual jobs I need compacts for so will be restocking as soon as you get them in.

Latest posts