Sbs Trade Sales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had an electrician working alongside me this week that thought all rcbo's were double pole because neutral and line go in the top !!!

Just got word that my Compact order is being shipped from China on Friday this week, so they should be available sometime next week.

I have e-mailed 3 of my TEF customers, who have orders waiting, but there may be others I am not aware of.

If you have jobs needing Compacts (or indeed Standards), please let me know asap.

I keep stepping up my stockholding levels, but demand keeps outstripping supply

TEF MEMBERS NOW REPRESENT 50% OF MY SALES!!!

SBS Dave

MY COMPACT STOCK ARRIVED YESTERDAY!!

I was able to ship out 4 CUs this morning, for customers who had been waiting.

I have 2 more to ship out tomorrow, including the 22-way double-decker mentioned earlier.

I now have 5 more to build tomorrow, for shipping Thursday.

I think I will have caught up completely by Friday, although I know of several others in the pipeline.

Many thanks to all those TEF customers who keep coming back for more.

SBS Dave

I will be ordering another Dave, I have not seen the job yet but it starts on Monday so will be in contact as soon as I know what we need.

I will post up some pictures of those boards you sold me soon.

Here is a photo of the 22 way DB above, including 2 x MCBs on the same DIN rail as Compacts.
I like the look of that.

Could that double decker also be done as a dual (main and off peak) CU in one enclosure?

i.e top rail main circuits, bottom rail off peak circuits, each with it's own main switch.

I can't see why not.  If so I might have an application coming up

My application would probably need more than 10 main circuits, but only 4 off peak circuits, so could the bottom row be split so it also serves a few more main circuits?

Hi Dave,

It could be split in almost any configuration.

The attached photo shows a single deck with  on-peak and off-peak circuits. I can do the same for Compacts.

When you know the exact spec., let me know and I will make a mock-up and photo it for you.

SBS Dave

Proteus Board Replacement Internal.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a DB made up from my ENC-18S  IP65 enclosure and Compacts.

I particularly like the arrangement with the earth terminal rail located at the bottom R/H corner, which keeps the circuit lives totally uncluttered.  This is a TEF Forum member job, by the way.

If you were wondering where all my stock is going, you don't need DBs like this to considerably dent it.

This is not a TEF member, but an NAPIT guy I used to assess and now a customer.

Screwed up again!!!

The second 2 photos are the NAPIT guys job.

ENC-18S - SF#1.jpg

ENC-18S - SF#2.jpg

ENC-21M with Compacts - MJD 1.JPG

ENC-21M with Compacts - MJD2.JPG

Dave are we going to be getting TD line main switches from now on. I prefer the SBS ones to match the circuit breakers and as I use MK boards the L & N are the wrong way round not a major problem.

Hi Batty,

I am having problems acquiring my original switch, so that is why I have sourced an alternative.

Future switches I supply will not have L & N labels on them, until I label them myself for L/H or R/H applications.

There is an advantage in using the TDline style switch, because it's body is slightly shorter than my RCBOs.

On applications where MCBs are needed next to the main switch, my MCBs are the same size as the switch and the resulting recess allows the necessary busbar bridge piece to be inserted, without distorting the main Live busbar.

However, if you feel you need my original SBS one, I may be able to bring in a MOQ of 1 carton, which is 120 pieces.

The manufacturer of it is a different one from my RCBO manufacturer, so economies of scale may affect the price, especially in relation to shipping costs.

Perhaps you could e-mail with your thoughts, to see if we can resolve the problem.

Update

I have been doing a bit of engineering to the ENC-24S 2-tier busbar assembly and I can now make each busbar in one piece, rather than using wires and terminal connectors. The photos show the prototype, which is not absolutely correct, with the vertical section being slightly too long, which has imparted a slight curve to the bottom busbar. The final design will be spot on.

The bad news is that that I had been selling the ENC-24S at less than cost, which can't continue. My new price, including Main Switch, will be £30.00 + VAT. On top of that will be the Compacts and the busbar kit, but it can be configured in any number of ways.

I already have a lot of interest in it, so hopefully I will be able to post photos of actual installs.

SBS Dave

ENC-24S solid busbar #1.JPG

ENC-24S solid busbar #2.JPG

ENC-24S solid busbar #3.JPG

Update

I have been doing a bit of engineering to the ENC-24S 2-tier busbar assembly and I can now make each busbar in one piece, rather than using wires and terminal connectors. The photos show the prototype, which is not absolutely correct, with the vertical section being slightly too long, which has imparted a slight curve to the bottom busbar. The final design will be spot on.

The bad news is that that I had been selling the ENC-24S at less than cost, which can't continue. My new price, including Main Switch, will be £30.00 + VAT. On top of that will be the Compacts and the busbar kit, but it can be configured in any number of ways.

I already have a lot of interest in it, so hopefully I will be able to post photos of actual installs.

SBS Dave

Nice!

If I can get my self sorted, I am doing some work @ home & have no space in the, need to add 2 circuits, so I may well be looking at a board when I do get time, hopefully this summer!

Trouble is I am doing less & less install work these days, and virtually no domestic.

Latest posts