Sbs Trade Sales

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Dave,

Been on a jolly to a little gig in Wembley.

10mA true 2 pole RCBO's for the medical jobs I do, the spec has changed and it might give me free reign due to the cost of the "branded" versions.
Hi Sidewinder, is this a local spec change or national? I have not been keeping up to date as I normally do. Cheers mate

Local mate, Manufacturers Instructions...

EU manufacturer, oh and we also have to use earthed socket outlets! ;)

It's specifically for a particular make of Haemodialysis machine.

BTW, how's the OU going?

Regarding 10mA RCBOs and 100A TD RCDs, I believe I can get them, but I would need some idea of quantities, sizes and price targets.

It may be that the demand is not sufficient for me to bring in MOQs. However, let me know if you want me to pursue it further.

SBS Dave

I would be looking at 16A 10mA RCBO's, possibly 20 or 25A RCBO's 30mA and say 32 or 40A 100mA S type.

If you could let me know MOQ's privately I will let you know.

I had a discussion with my medical client on Thursday which suggested 20 jobs ASAP, however, we have an issue with some of the plumbing parts at the moment.

Feel free to PM or email if you wish.

Torque Screwdriver.doc

OOPS!!,

Didn't intend it to be a file that needs opening.

Anyway, just to let you know I have the 1.5 3.0Nm Torque Screwdrivers in stock and a selection of blades.

I also have the magnetic screw holders in stock.

For the first 6 torque Screwdriver orders, I am giving away a mini-gift (emphasis on the "mini"). I won't say what it is, but it will be a useful on-site tool, if the hot weather finally arrives.

Attachments

• Torque Screwdriver.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:
Might have missed it, but is there a price list for the torque screwdrivers etc

Hi mikel,

It's post #319 on the previous page of this thread.

The Handle is £45.00. The blades are £5.00 each. Both subject to 5% or 10% discount, depending on value of order.

e-mail me - See my signature - or phone 0161 440 9042 for more info.

SBS Dave

I have finally decided on my metal box range, after all the frustrations of trying to bring in a range from China.

CPN Cudis is a British Company, who have tried to offer the nearest thing to a Domestic Consumer Unit, it terms of style and appearance.

The fact that they are just 35 minutes up the road from me is a bonus.

Attached are 2 e-leaflets on this range metal box, one I produced last week and one I produced this week, which updates the earlier one.

I am likely to take stocks of the metal boxes early September, followed by the CPN RCBOs in October. This means you can buy a complete CU from me, without Mix & Match, if that bothers you. No doubt, BEAMA will capitalise on AMD3, to re-emphasise the problems with Mix & Match, although I am not aware of any problems arising in the field. Both Electrium and MK have had major product problems and that wasn't down to Mix & Match.  I will still stock the TDline RCBO @ £10.00 + VAT, whilst ever it is available.

I shall then publish my new Price List, showing all my new product, including possibly the WISKA glands. Any advice on which ones to stock would be welcome.

FFS - I've lost my 2 leaflets, so I will post this info now and follow up with the leaflets, once I have found them.

SBS Dave

Metal Box Applications - CUDIS.jpg

Metal Box Applications - CUDIS new.jpg

Hi Steve,

Not only is the Compact my main selling point, ie my USP, but it also represents 75% of my turnover.

I will be having the CPN boxes certified to BSEN 61439-3, when populated with my Compacts.

This will cost me a few thousand pounds, so I am not about to give up selling Compacts anytime soon.

Incidentally, I sold the first batch of torque screwdrivers and have now have some more in stock, including the "free gift" I was offering.

OK, so it was only a posh bottle opener with a FELO tool handle on it, but it is a step up from side cutters, unless you are a Neanderthal and use your teeth!!

SBS Dave

Hi Steve,

Not only is the Compact my main selling point, ie my USP, but it also represents 75% of my turnover.

I will be having the CPN boxes certified to BSEN 61439-3, when populated with my Compacts.

This will cost me a few thousand pounds, so I am not about to give up selling Compacts anytime soon.
Are you planning to re-badge the CPN enclosures to SBS?

Just feel that if you go to all the trouble to have the certification done then it may get wrongly pulled up as being a mix and match job by the next man in after your customer has fitted the unit

Also. How is the integral light fed, is there a slydlok or similar carrier inside fed off the busbar?

Hi Phoenix,

No, I am not planning to rebadge the boxes, otherwise a CU with a CPN box, CPN switch and CPN RCBOs, could be termed Mix & Match, even though it wasn't, just because it said SBS on the box. The box above with the CPN badge would be in complete compliance with BSEN61439-3.

However, there are no boxes in the UK that currently have BSEN61439-3, when populated with my Compacts. That situation has not bothered me for the last 4 years and does not bother my current customers. Now that BS7671 has nailed down a specific requirement, it is in my best interest to make sure that my products, if supplied as an assembly, comply to the letter. This requires BSEN61439-3 certification, so that's why I am doing it.

Some manufacturers offer a custom-built service, featuring DIN rail products that they don't offer themselves, so they end up being M &M anyway. If anyone decides to pull up an installation on badge labels alone, then they will be ill-informed, when it comes to my kit.

Nothing demeans our Industry more than ill-informed so-called electricians. We are professionals and we can make professional judgements, despite what some schemes may think of us.

END OF SERMON!!!

SBS Dave

David the last unit you sent me will be going in next Sunday & as promised pictures will be posted.

Thanks for the bottle opener..............I have given it a thorough test over the weekend & can confirm it passes muster in every way.

Thanks M107,

I am glad you were able to put the bottle opener through its paces. Hopefully the torque screwdriver will be as useful!!

Phoenix,

I forgot to answer your last question. The LEDs are battery powered and operated by a CU door switch.  

I wouldn't call it a "must have" feature, but it may save having to dig out a torch or a hand lamp, to see what's tripped.

By the way, I didn't mention the box range is also available in black. I won't be stocking that colour, unless I get some interest in it..

SBS Dave

:slap

Hi andy,

First time I have used a smiley, as I didn't know where to find them.

I like your observation and of course, that's exactly why CPN brought out the black option.!!

The householder won't realise the box has been burned black, so relieving them of any stress.

This could lead to CPN bringing out a red range (maybe also an orange range) and a yellow one.

If the fire gets REALLY intense, then the white one would have been the right choice in the first place.

SBS Dave

THE S**T HAS REALLY HIT THE FAN!!

I was expecting a shipment from China this week for Compacts, to top up the fairly low stocks I have reached, mainly due to a cracking July.

Yesterday, and only after I enquired, they told me it could be 23rd August before they ship. This morning, they tell me they can't even guarantee that. The probability is that they have been suffering major power supply problems and have gradually been falling behind. Unfortunately, there is SFA I can do about it.

I imagine I will be out of stock of 6As and 32As by the end of this week, so customers who buy my Compacts, may hopefully consider switching over to Standard RCBOs, until the problem is resolved.

If it wasn't for the fact that I buy directly from the Original Manufacturer and Designer of the product, I would try to find an alternative product or source, but I believe it is a case of better the devil I know. AND OF COURSE, THE PRODUCT IS BRILLIANT!!

I apologise to those customers with jobs in the immediate pipeline and I hope we can work together to minimise the problem.

SBS Dave

(Totally pi**ed off)