Site work going quiet?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark2spark

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Anyone else think that site work has gone quiet lately? In the Hants/Berks/Surrey area.

I'm on a site at the mo that has several years left but the dry liners just aren't keeping up so consequently I'm not getting a full week in, for several weeks now!!

So I started making a few phone calls today but no-one seemed to have much on. Well, stuff was 'on' but just enough to keep them going, didn't need anyone else in a snowed under type of way.

So I was just wondering if there's a downturn afoot?

Cheers

There's a mini boom here, but then I don't do large sites, just individual new builds.

I have 2 to second fix and finish by Christmas, and just got news of another one to start next year.

But with all the brexit uncertainty, interest rates to rise soon a downturn in house building would not surprise me in the slightest.

Same round here, they were a bit slow starting off a big development, about a thousand houses, then it flew up, my mate put a deposit down on one, near the edge, which was supposed to be finished soon. He did this because although he's had a 6 month wait, he works on sites, and as he says, "I spend all day on a site, I ain't living on one too", hence they should have all been built by the time he moves in.

However it now seems that there's a downturn, and they are only building the one's they have sold, which means he's going to be living on a site anyway. lol

If he'd have gone for one of the earlier ones, at least the ones around him would have been finished.