So it's going to cost an extra £15

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M107

Billy-the-Kid
Reaction score
The cost for being a member has gone up by £15 I see, still not sure what I gain from it apart from:

• An annual inspection that costs me a day off earning.
  • On line certs, that cost me when I use them.
  • On line notification again that cost me when I do it.
  • There is the tech line, I suppose I could use that rather than looking for the answers in the regs/osg & GN's.
  • A store that has over priced items.

Gotta love this comment in the letter that came with the invoice

"Based upon your feedback we recognise the value you get from your annual assessment visit and have expanded our team of assessors to serve you better".

:slap  they are mistaking value for PAIN IN THE tango'd ARSE !

A new low ""we have recently reached an agreement with Trade point"............wonder when we will be able to buy B&Q van stickers from the NICEY shop.

But dont worry we've cleaned the industry up......we've got more builders in court for using the NICEIC logo.....

Grumble over !!!!!

Stroma at £288.00

Cost per notification £1.80

None of this extra costs for "mandatory" insurance

Annual cost for 3rd party certificate software £90.00

When added up saves me money every year and I was using 3rd party software when I was with Elecsa, so when I swapped schemes, nothing really mattered!

This works for me.

The cost for being a member has gone up by £15

Took me a while to work out what you were on about specifically.

Stroma at £288.00

I don't know why anyone else bothers. I want to notify, that is all. Cheapest way to do it, joining the NIC (or any other scheme) would offer me no benefit at all in the slightest.

I was using 3rd party software when I was with Elecsa

I will say this about E-Cert, it is total garbage. I find the old spreadsheets I used to use better than their software. It is unusable to the point that I would rather pay to use something else.

Last edited by a moderator:
ELECSA   up by £15  too  ( Its NICEIC anyway)   .  I think this will be the last time  .  As Lurch says , all we need to do is sign off  jobs & notify them.    

I can live without an NIC hat , sweat shirt , T shirt, many pocketed trousers ,  NIC engraved tools ,  NIC embossed toilet paper etc.

So  Stroma would save me £222  .  Eh!  

I've been using Easycert for years. It's great software.

I was considering dropping NICEIC, do Stroma do an AC equivalent? Not that I do much commercial works, but occasional school jobs do occur.

I've been using Easycert for years. It's great software.

I was considering dropping NICEIC, do Stroma do an AC equivalent? Not that I do much commercial works, but occasional school jobs do occur.
Ye,

Im pretty sure as long as you have some 3p stuff to show them.

Dunno if you get a different name tho, or it just goes on your scope of works.

They don't do different levels, they just certify you for different scopes, so I've got domestic, commercial 3 phase, 3rd party cert etc. I could just have domestic and be the same as a DI, but the gist is you are just 'approved' as long as you tick at least one box and have the relevant quals/experience for the assessment.