Socket with built in RCD

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddybs23

Reaction score
I want to add a socket to a ring main. Would i be ok to to put a socket with built in RCD protection on my work? The ring is currently protected by BS3631 fuses with no RCD protection - the client doesn't want to upgrade anything else!

Thanks

I want to add a socket to a ring main. Would i be ok to to put a socket with built in RCD protection on my work? The ring is currently protected by BS3631 fuses with no RCD protection - the client doesn't want to upgrade anything else!Thanks
Yes and No you need to protect the cable under part P if buried.

If you mount the cable surface (it can bee seen) then i would say yes

Also depends where it is, It may need notifying

What a bloody stupid regulation this 50mm deep carp is , Bloody MPs shoving their noses into stuff they don't understand . Are they not content with ripping off the taxpayer with over inflated expense claims.

but if chopped in >50mm then its imposible to screw, drill or nail through,

or is it do they make nails, screws or drill bits this long, even if they did what man or machine could drive them in

but in many cases, if it is more than 50mm from the surface.... it usually isnt on the other side.

and you also have to consider how structurally safe the wall will be if you chop 50mm from it

I want to add a socket to a ring main. Would i be ok to to put a socket with built in RCD protection on my work? The ring is currently protected by BS3631 fuses with no RCD protection - the client doesn't want to upgrade anything else!Thanks
Just checking. What type of fuse have you got ?