Strange Domestic Telephone Fault.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

datumline

Reaction score
My Daughter who lives just 1 block from me has had the following problem with her telephone.

She can ring and receive call's from anyone anywhere from her house that is accept my house but i can ring her house or anyone else as normal.

When she rings my house she get's the phone ringing tone alright but then it abruptly changes to what i can only describe as a rapid toot toot toot then it cuts off.

I have tried different telephones analogue & digital but no difference, i also checked the master socket in my Daughter's house by removing the front panel and connecting direct to the A-B Terminals via the test skt eliminating the existing internal wiring but still the same symptoms

My Daughter like me is with Sky Talk but this problem existed before the changeover from BT.

Listen to this those concerned.

If you join a Forum and ask a reasonable question... being a newbie a small minority seem to think that one's Intelligence is below those that have many post's and they feel they can send any inane remark (Gibberish) that will add to their total shown on this Forum. This person ? probably answered sensibly for the first few post's .

How can this Forum accept nonsense remark's but in the next reply have a genuine potential answer or request for further information.

I joined this Forum because of it's many subject's covered... Perhaps those concerned should Add to this Variety with a Column for "Clown's & Idiot's" remark's with no point's given but can be viewed by all.

Aww, someones tired then?

Cmon fella, wind your neck in and accept the fact that everyone is different eh? TBH theres a couple of posters on here who do my head in, and im sure Im not everyones cup of Earl Grey but thats life - vive le difference!

I can assure you that those who do step out of line get told, if not in open forum they do get a PM, some have received warnings, and some have even been banned.

Some also have a sense of humour and takes a while to get used to the tongue in cheek replies. Any poster who feels that they are in anyway being made fun of or do not like any post can contact any Moderator and make a complaint.

There is a tradition with this forum that makes the poster try and work out problems for themselves with hints from the forum members to get them thinking on the right lines, this helps those who do not understand how to do it rather than being told the answers all the time.

Why not just call sky or bt and have them check the line or send and engineer out.

Also while Andy's comment appears a bit off the second part is very valid, it would not be the 1st time sky or any of the big comms suppliers think you have not paid when in fact you have.

datumline,

One of the things that keeps some of us posting around here is the sense of humour.

Many remarks are helpful but jovial, and tongue in cheek.

I am guessing you are referring to Andy in the title of your thread, as he is the member with nearly 13k posts.

Andy did respond to you in a joky, but never the less serious and valid manner.

[quote name='Andy

Listen to this those concerned.If you join a Forum and ask a reasonable question... being a newbie a small minority seem to think that one's Intelligence is below those that have many post's and they feel they can send any inane remark (Gibberish) that will add to their total shown on this Forum. This person ? probably answered sensibly for the first few post's .

How can this Forum accept nonsense remarks but in the next reply have a genuine potential answer or request for further information.

I joined this Forum because of it's many subject's covered... Perhaps those concerned should Add to this Variety with a Column for "Clown's & Idiot's" remark's with no point's given but can be viewed by all.
Welcome to the forum Datumline. I consider myself one of those concerned and as such I reply to those asking as follows. Please read and take note. If any forum did not provide helpful replies to any members posts it would not continue to grow and develop. As this forum has continued to grow it must be doing something right. Fact: people do not keep coming back to any forum they consider unhelpful and all members who are not happy with how the forum runs the are free to go to other forums that they find are more to their personal tastes. But how can any forum offer further help to a problem when the original poster fails to add any additional answers to members questions trying to help them? The forum advice is all offered for free, by many qualified and experience electricians in their own time. They are normal people with both technical knowledge and a sense of humor. Humor is allowed on the forum, obscenity, racism, slander etc are not. I do hope you understand these points and the forum is always willing to offer help to anyone asking questions. but when several members ask for more detail about your question and the only reply so far is; "Ha Ha ! that remark was extremely funny what a Comic." It can make helping a little difficult. Not quite sure what you are expecting?

Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 11:53 ---------- Previous post was made at 11:50 ----------

As we are talking about this same thread, there is no constructive purpose having two seperate threads relating to this topic. As such I have merged them together.

Doc H.

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 11:56 ---------- Previous post was made at 11:53 ----------

Also, I have moved this to the more appropriate Computers networking inc telephones section.

Doc H.