Struggling with a contract.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcgaw81

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone on the forum could help me with the pricing of a contract, I am willing to pay for this help.

Basically, i have to have a quote for 2000 kitchens and 2000 bathrooms (with extras), in by 18th March.

But due to my youngest being in hospital for the last week and looking like being another week, i've not had time. I really need this to be done, but i admit im struggling.

Is there anyone who can assist. I could email all details to whoever is available.

Many many thanks in advance.

Pray

She'll be ok, has whats called RSV virus, but caught a bacteria bug in hospital,

Thanks for the concern.

I have just completed a similar job and still have the specs and pricing glad to help if needed.

Hope the wee yin's awright, never done that scale of work but if they are new builds and are all the same let me know. If I can help I will, if not I may know a man who can...

Thanks guys, yes its all council work in Edinburgh. They should be all the same, so its just a matter of getting an average price as thats whst they are looking for. However dont want to leave myself short.

If anyone wants a look at the spec, BOQ, PM me, i'll back home about 8 this evening, thats me off to work (still trying to keep a contract going just now).

I have offically had the week from hell,

Sunday - Wee one took to hospital

Monday - Only got two of the three jobs done that was planned

Tuesday - Wee one took a turn, so back to hospital now two jobs behind

Wednesday - Have another spark arranged to cover two days, great, however he crashes van on way to work, i have to find babysitter, work till 8pm

Thursday - The guy who works with me sleeps in :z , eventually we get going. He then carshes my van on way to work, Megger packs in. :_|

Friday - No show from sidekick :z , His tools are left at his door f88k him. Niceic call and cancel pre assessment.

Wee yin's troubles aside... two van crashes in a week... thats a f00kin nightmare!!

I did some work where we rewired the kitchens and bathrooms, I did a first and second fix on the same day and completed each job per day. Hard at first until you get used to it. Money was poor, they will not pay more because they dont think its needed.

The way we priced the work was a, basic b, basic with bonding, c basic with bonding and cu change, d basic with cu change bonding and extra socket above the required 3 etc etc, if you need any help I will gladly help if I can

Well wee one is still in, I stayed over at the hospital last night to give the missus a break. She is still on oxygen and is in for another 3-4 days. As for the contract I'll have to work on it tonight and tomorrow, but this is the least of my worries, although its four years work.

Family first work second.

I'm unwilling to offer any assistance because of my golden rule of not pricing without seeing the job, wouldn't want to underquote it. If the spec is written by the council's elect.Eng. it may be more straight forward as opposed to , stuff like , upgrade as required or install main bonding if missing etc.

Look after the little 'un.

Deke

I'm unwilling to offer any assistance because of my golden rule of not pricing without seeing the job, wouldn't want to underquote it. Deke
Would you like to go to 2000 properties to price the job?

At a previous company, they used to charge for 20 hours per kitchen. just about every kitchen, the 20 hours well covered all work to be done. not sure what they priced materials on

No I didn't mean that , but I don't know if how old the existing wiring is, whether bonding is needed , whether a C/U upgrade is needed.

Could be dropping a large testicle.

Deke
then assume the worst and anything else is a bonus

a lot a lot of our work is like this, kitchen bathroom upgrade, or kitchen only or bathroom only.

mostly priced as basic only with CU and bonding being extra(fixed scale tho)

you can usually do a kitchen & bathroom 1st & 2nd in a day easily enough (you and a mate/lad/female associate) once you get into the swing of it, use yoozy boxes and its down to the tilers/plasterers to screw back, (or send the lad round a couple of days later).

The only way to price these jobs are as steptoe says, you need a floating price, standard price then extras as required. You have to visit each property the week before to establish the individual requirments so you can order the materials and have them delivered on time.

Downtime is another factor, if it is out of your control, you could lose a lot of money standing around.