Struggling with a contract.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These things any good (I assume so as your using them steps) and whats the price like?
for stuff like this they are good binky, a couple of extra quid on the job(its GMP this contract Im on by the way, so materials are kinda irrelevant costwise)

I wouldnt use them all the time, but it does save having to go back and waste a lot of time 2nd fixing, plus in this situation you can leave the client with all power resumed at the end of the day without having to rig up a temp somehow.

I think to make decent money on these refurb kinda jobs you need to get in, get the cables in, get the certs filled in, get in the van and go, no silly running back and forth to same property.

once you do a few a pattern will set in as to what to expect on the next block,

ie, same shape of house, CU same age, bonding in same place/condition etc.

of all the council houses I have worked on in this country there only seems to be about half a dozen or so different designs(slightly modified of course), and same goes for virtually every age of house, a few variations on the same half dozen designs of that era.

Thanks to all who assisted with this, I managed to get a price in so fingers crossed.

There where 8 main contractors bidding, heard it had been narrowed to 3, and the company I priced for are still in. Pray.

Home after 9 days in a hospital bed, and you wouldn't think it now, She lost a bit of weight as she wasn't eating but now she is making up for lost time, :D ,

To make matters worse the better half has come down with a bug, she'll be a worse patient than the wee one, :^O ,

Well got a call today, the company I tendered for won the contract.

I have a meeting with the director to talk things thru, as they are wanting to use me, I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I need to prove to them that I can have the workforce in place, and have the finanical backing to cope with it.

This contract is worth over

My labour force required will be

2 squads of

1 spark, one Skilled Labourer and a Labourer.

doing 5 kitchens and 5 bathrooms, easily achieveable

With another spark doing C/U changes 2 a day, if possible.

What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me,

The first weeks are the worst then you get a feel for the job and know what goes where and how.

At one point I had to do 8 per week with a similar set up.

Always try and get round to the properties before job start to do a survey so the lads have everything ready to start.

I would discuss at this early stage any downtime you may get from things like the kitchen or bathroom has not been taken out in time for you to get in, leaving your work force stood around and you footing the bill.

Apart from that good luck and of course well done.

Yeah, i'll be discussing as this at the start. I'll be doing all the 'walk rounds' it not only lets you know whats happening but you can put the tenants at ease by answering all their questions before work starts.

I work for fife council doing kitchens!2 sparks 2 kitchens per day!labourer takes out the old one,we wire it,plasterer makes good walls,we 2nd fix then test! all circuits are rcbo protected so plastic conduit in the safe zones! sometimes cooker circuits have to be rewired as the designers sometimes move them and theres no length! hard to price as they all have different numbers of appliances,some already have fans etc! best pricing as a 2 appliance kitchen e.g washing machine/fridge freezer then fans,plinth heaters other appliances,cu change,earthing upgrades as extras! hope most are plasterboard 2 brick kitchens a day aint no laughing matter lol :)

Sanny, its a complete rip out and start again, sockets cooker and fan. I've done kitchens now for about 4 years, and I feel that my target of one kitchen/bathroom would be easy for 3 guys. All works are to be steel conduit drops, which may add on a little time, hopefully not much.

we do the decent home re furbs and generally the properties are the same types of properties, usually 4 or 5 different types,the electricains have a day to first fix and return for a second fix after the other trades finish,

be carefull with your quote if you want the work prices have dropped through the floor,1 example in sheffield plasterers were quoting 3.50 a metre last year .. this year working 2.20 a metre.. :(

good luck with it . :)

Well got a call today, the company I tendered for won the contract.I have a meeting with the director to talk things thru, as they are wanting to use me, I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I need to prove to them that I can have the workforce in place, and have the finanical backing to cope with it.

Well got a call today, the company I tendered for won the contract.I have a meeting with the director to talk things thru, as they are wanting to use me, I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Well done Dave, does that mean you are going to have to go VAT registered.Batty
Trust you to put a spoiler on it!!!! ; \:pBlushing

Bank holiday Monday coming Batty?

so NO tea and cakes at 11:00 this week? :( :_| :_| :_|

; \ ;) ]:)

Trust you to put a spoiler on it!!!! ; \:pBlushingBank holiday Monday coming Batty?

so NO tea and cakes at 11:00 this week? :( :_| :_| :_|

; \ ;) ]:)
Yes another day of specs its a great life being a sparks.

;)

we do the decent home re furbs and generally the properties are the same types of properties, usually 4 or 5 different types,the electricains have a day to first fix and return for a second fix after the other trades finish, be carefull with your quote if you want the work prices have dropped through the floor,1 example in sheffield plasterers were quoting 3.50 a metre last year .. this year working 2.20 a metre.. :(

good luck with it . :)
I have just been quoted