The right cert to be issued, whether minor works or EIC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry mate but you really have this wrong. If an OCPD has 2 cables in it, and its not a RFC, both cables form the circuit.

If you think we are all wrong please offer up your reference in the BB to clarify this.
I believe Regulation 314.4 states where an installation comprises more than one final circuit then each shall be connected to a separate protective device. Can you quote a Regulation which is the opposite to this.

I believe Regulation 314.4 states where an installation comprises more than one final circuit then each shall be connected to a separate protective device. Can you quote a Regulation which is the opposite to this.
but it's also acceptable practice to spur at an MCB eg for an extra socket off a ring main

but it's also acceptable practice to spur at an MCB eg for an extra socket off a ring main
Yes but in the OPs case it is not a ring final circuit so not relevant. The suggestion to connect a spur from a ring final circuit at source is taken from an Appendix and not a Regulation as such although this is accepted as standard practice.

2 cables in 1 MCB = 1 circuit.

Not sure I follow your point as it seems unfounded

by definition of circuit, anything connected to an MCB is a circuit. therefore you cannot have multiple circuits in an MCB. simple really

2 cables in 1 MCB = 1 circuit.

Not sure I follow your point as it seems unfounded
Quote me a Regulation as I have done instead of childish disagrees. The problem here is you cannot find one that goes against 314.4.

Quote me a Regulation as I have done instead of childish disagrees. The problem here is you cannot find one that goes against 314.4.
as i said earlier... by definaition of circuit, you cannot have more than one into an MCB, therefore 2 or more cables into an MCB is compliant with 314.4

dont need to provide a reg to say otherwise, you cant even get a right reg to prove your argument

Merely making a point which you can't or won't concede or even back up with any reg that suggests you are correct!

I always thought that 314.4 was to stop people putting different legs of RFC's into 2 breakers.

So back to 2 cables in 1 MCB, this complies with 314.4 IMHO and if this really concerns you lets simply agree that we can hide 3 way wago's to make 2 cables into 1 in the back of the CU then............

That regulation clearly states two final circuits are not acceptable find a Regulation which states otherwise.

That regulation clearly states two final circuits are not acceptable find a Regulation which states otherwise.

but they are not 2 circuits as defined in part 2.... what part of that are you lacking the ability to understand? although quite a bit going by some previous posts...

Welllllllll
I've just spent 2 hours at an NICEIC presentation on the changes in Amd2. So I asked the 2 AEs doing the presentation.
Their answer was a resounding "Errrrrm well..."
So they are going to ask their Tech dept for me/us

Watch this space

What were the questions?

I vote minor works - and agree that any alleged reg that actually outright bans multiple cables in an MCB yet allows a large clump of wagos with the same cables. stuffed in the cavity behind is unrealistic and pushing in the wrong direction especially on existing installations.

Ideally as many ways as possible in a board to separate everything as much as possible but often cost/ space/ reality gets involved here

what part of that are you lacking the ability to understand? although quite a bit going by some previous posts...
When you troll another member there will only ever be one winner and you won't see them by looking in a mirror.

I vote minor works - and agree that any alleged reg that actually outright bans multiple cables in an MCB yet allows a large clump of wagos with the same cables. stuffed in the cavity behind is unrealistic and pushing in the wrong direction especially on existing installations.

Ideally as many ways as possible in a board to separate everything as much as possible but often cost/ space/ reality gets involved here
I wouldn't touch domestic with a faeces encrusted tree branch.....unless funds were low. However a few years ago I did a kitchen refit job......18 way board,( JUST for kitchen ) ALL RCBOs. Everything on its own circuit. Was money an issue? Not really. I explained the benefits, client agreed. Finished job, money transferred as I was packing tools away and a nice 3 figure tip for being so NICE 😂

Just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.