Things I Don't Like

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
funnily enough me and the wife have just been discussing this,

how on earth is someone supposed to remember where they were 25yrs ago,?

I can barely remember yesterday,,,,,,,,,

bearing in mind, and the wifes opinion is this ,,,,

a slap on the arse was acceptable then, but now its viewed as sexual assault, are these people being charged retrospectively?  :C

Canoeboy said:
My dislikes list is pretty simple

Windows 8

Windows 7

French Red Wine (in England)

Windows Vista

Windows XP (although this was the best)

Windows NT

Windows 2000

Blondes who are above their station
I never thought I'd see you put any red wine on a dislike list! :eek:

Mug trees

Stripping wallpaper

Pavement chewing gum

"Celebrity"

Mr Forsyth

Slightly off station radios

Too sugary donuts

Badly home made number plates ( where the letters and numbers are altered by the application of 500 nuts and bolts)

Shite LED lamps with a life expectancy of nano seconds

The high pitched and unnecessary screaching of schoolkids

Slippery decking

Manbags

Local council members who,have suddenly got the title of. Cabinet holder.....WTF do they do? Hold a cupboard?

Wrongly flown Union Flag

Trilby wearing car drivers

Members of the "middle lane owners club"

Warm salad......WTF is that all about?

Jus........it is sauce OR gravy you pretentious twonk!

"A Tower of chips".....NO it is a mini Jenga of 12 fat fried spud slices

Menus where they have to show you a photo of the food as you are considered too stupid to be able to convert words into a visual,image

Children in restaurants who keep their brats quiet by annoying everyone else by letting the little rugrat play a noisy console game

Ditto above regarding restaurant owners

Probably a couple of others I have omitted

Canoeboy said:
My dislikes list is pretty simple

Windows 8

Windows 7

Windows Vista

Windows XP (although this was the best)

Windows NT

Windows 2000

So what are you still using?

Windows 98? 95? 3.11?   :slap

Strictly come dancing

Dancing on ice

Splash

The jump (wtf??)

Any tv programme with Davina mc call...........in fact I just don't like Davina McCall full stop

Celebrity big brother

Any game show or reality tv show involving celebs

Some of our neighbours...

Two of them up the road insist on parking their cars directly opposite each other leaving what is probably only an 8 foot gap,,,, the rest of us down the bottom of the cul-de-sac are going to be screwed if we need a fire engine

Some of our neighbours...

Two of them up the road insist on parking their cars directly opposite each other leaving what is probably only an 8 foot gap,,,, the rest of us down the bottom of the cul-de-sac are going to be screwed if we need a fire engine
exactly the same here Noz, on more than one occasion Ive had both my mirrors touching at the same time trying to get through,

last week I couldnt even get home, sat on the horn for almost 5mins and not even an acknowledgement when they came out and moved down the road 8' :shakehead

Middle lane cruisers, should be law to ram them off the road and bury them in the motorway verge, every time I hit the motorway there are numerous of these idiots causing traffic chaos.

The driving test being too easy.

The lack of the requirement to retake your driving test every 5 years.

Mobile speed cameras a mile away from a school on a stretch of road with a speed limit far too low for the type of road.

Mobile parking enforcement camera cars with the driver asleep. 

Pensioners choosing to shop as slowly and most inconveniently at the busiest times.

B&Q 

CEF

Those knitted Spanish doll things with a spare bog roll underneath.

Morris dancers..........................its like they know things from our misty , mysterious  distant , rural past .

Trying to hold concentration while watching  commercial TV ,   tried to watch Endeavour   ( young Morse )  last night , ad break every 10 mins  .    The programmes are there to give them time to line up the next lot of inane , mind altering brain washing vids . 

Think TV doesn't affect you  eh ?   All sing together....

" Oooooh the Esso sign means happy motoring , happy motoring ,,,call at the Esso sign"

" Ooooooh   I'm going well..I'm going Shell ..I'm going well with Shell Shell Shell"

"Murraymints , Murraymints ...too good to hurry mints ...why make haste when you can taste the minty taste of Murraymints" 

"  I thought Remington were that good that ..Hey!  I bought the company"

"Robin Hood  Robin Hood ,,riding through the glen

Robin Hood Robin Hood with his band of men .

Stole from the bad ..gave to the good,

Robin Hood  - Robin Hood- Robin Hood.

All from 100 years ago .

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what PVR's were invented for. I haven't watched an advert for years.

well okay I see them briefly at X30, but with no sound.

I've long expected some enterprising advertiser to play out adverts deliberately slow, so they show properly when zipping through at X30, and with subtitles because they know there will be no sound. but that would make the advert cost 30 times as much.

Again. Camping on site. Its cold and dirty and in the middle of the arse end of no where. And the lad who im sharing a room with snores like hell.... and im sure my air bed has a slow puncture

Things I don't like:

My new printer.

for years (about 20!!!) I had a Laserjet 5.  It just worked.

Then someone was giving away a 1 year old Laserjet CP1525 colour laser printer. Just too good to say no to.

Good points:

It works.

Bad points (it's bloody irritating)

When you print a single page, you can't immediately print another single page until it has finished it's "printing - cooling down" sequence that takes nearly a minute.

If you want to print something manually double sided, there is no way to select single sheet feed. The only way to stop it taking sheet 2 from the paper tray (so you can manually feed your first sheet back in for double sided printing) is to empty the main paper tray first.

Every once in a while for no good reason other than to irritate you, it starts chuntering away "callibrating" for well over a minute.  It seems to do this every time you have filled (or emptied) the paper tray.  WHY?

The helpful graphic on the lcd display showing how much toner is left in each cartridge is a work of pure fiction.

It just seems to be designed for maximum user irritation level.  I can see why someone would give it away and go and get a better printer.

Latest posts