This new NVQ 3

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The whole thing is an utter farce. I'm disgusted with the schemes. First off they've filled their ranks with utterly useless individuals in their greedy pursuits and now these people will get grandfather rights because they're already registered. Secondly they've opened the flood gates by allowing people to register with minimum qualifications before the 2012 ruling. The most disgusting thing is though is that they won't allow the likes of the part p doctor entry, an individual of which there are many who are infinitely superior to the inferior one hit wonders that are abound. When is this farce going to get sorted out? Before you all think I'm throwing my toys out of my pram because I don't have NVQ 3 I actually have one so I'm safe, but I still think it all stinks to high heaven!
Thank you for your kind words Voltimax. Of course, there is more...

From March 2012, the 7 biggest electrical employers are stratifying work activities. My legendary conduit bending exploits are being busted to grade 'H' (I believe

So to be an electrition you must

1) make the tea whil in a domestic setting

2) Make the tea in a commercial setting

3) Make the tea in an industriak setting

4) Make the tea in a data setting

This makes you competent at brewing tea and anything else that needs electric, if I sound bitter its because I am

Yep, just need an NVQ3.... Apparently, there is an outfit on the web who can do it, using pro forma paperwork, without a visit for

I spent 4 years at an electricity board training centre, not to become an electrician. I was titled 'craftsman' I spent weeks on differing disciplines from welding to paper/lead cable jointing to appliance repair. I spent weeks making off pyro, bending conduit and forming tray.

There was a huge chart full of boxes with your name and mug shot at the end. The best you got was 'S' for satisfactory.....If you did not get an 'S' you were put on death row, till you succeeded.

The leccy boards were tied in with the power station workers in an outfit called the NJIC. The sparks were paid 20% more than the national JIB rate.

On my final day, we were all lead into a large lecture theatre to be addressed by the 'head of centre' It was like a scene many years later from the film 'platoon' at the young marines passing out ceremony. It went something as follows. He congratulated us for completing our indentured apprentiships and becoming norweb craftsmen. He then went on to say that some of us would stay and some of us would go and wished us well in our endeavours. The bit that i did not get then as I was too young was the closing quote that he gave us.

" Gentlemen, where-ever you go in life and what ever you do, you will always be a North western Electricity Board craftsman. As you leave today I would like to give you a final piece of advice. You will come across men from another organisation called the JIB. Remember this gentlemen, you are superior to these operatives in all respects. Good day gentlemen. ":z

I wonder what he would say to me today?

Frigging Unbelievable mate - Sorry to hear that. :_|

sorry to bring an old thread up........

So for those of us who are looking at doing some training.........im trying to figure out what to to do. Been onto Niceic "What do I need to hold to enrol with you guys? I have the 17th edition, Ive also got....." "Youre in." he says. Just the 17th, and I can pay me moneys and stick a Niceic logo on my van. Mental.

Anyways, what I was going to say to Mr Niceic was that I hold the 2330 lvl 2, the 2382 17th and the "joke" 2392 t+I papers, now id like to do my 2330 lvl3 but im getting all sorts of different answers from different people. Should I do the 2357 instead? Im told that in order to do some of it I need to be working in the field already, well that aint gonna happen as the last god knows how many months of job searching have taught me.

Time isnt really on my side either, at 41 Im not going to be finding any apprenticeships. One of my core philosophies is if Im doing something, then I will do it to the best of my abilities and be all I can be, although I have come to the table a bit late, i want to be as good a sparks as i can, but THE POWERS THAT BEEEEEEE make it bloody hard to do :(

Sprock, stick with the 2330, the new NVQ rules come into force as of April 2013 from what I have been told. If you complete your 2330 before then, you can sign up to a Part P scheme and enrol for the NVQ portions of the 2357 from the paperwork that the C & G has released. As soon as I get My driving lessons out of the way, I am sorting My Part P a bit lively.

AndyGuinness

Sprock, stick with the 2330, the new NVQ rules come into force as of April 2013 from what I have been told. If you complete your 2330 before then, you can sign up to a Part P scheme and enrol for the NVQ portions of the 2357 from the paperwork that the C & G has released. As soon as I get My driving lessons out of the way, I am sorting My Part P a bit lively.AndyGuinness
Got to agree, stay with the 2330, you dont need to be employed to get that, to do the 2357 you do.

In addition I think it's always better to have the "set" of exams, not a mixture.

Latest posts