Tool Addiction.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubblehead

Reaction score
Fein multi master are they worth forking out for, or perhaps a cheaper option.?..... Or perhaps, step away from the shiny new tool, you can do without it... my wife's preferred option!

Looking to get the mains version shortly TBH, & I rarely do domestic stuff, but I still find it VERY useful.

BTW, anyone remember the site for the cheap blades please, whilst I will buy good power tools, I find that I abuse the blades & so do my associates!

I have a 110 v Fein, a 240v Fein , 3 Clas Ohlson Li Ion ones. With the correct blades they are the dogs back wheels, you can NEVER have too many tools. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE.........END OF!

Use mine for cutting dado trunk, floor boards, cleaning out boxes after the bone idle shite spreaders have been in, cutting holes in boards etc, plaster board trimming, sanding etc etc etc

Cheap blades.....Saxon I think they are called. I actually got my last 2 lots off the shopping channel Ideal World. They are branded CEL and are surprisingly good quality. The half circle one is the best I have tried and is my weapon of choice for dado trunk. So much so that one of the Clas ones has this fitted permanently

Thanks for all the info guys. Kerching do actually cut floor boards or just cut the tongue and groove when lifting boards? And I am totally with you on never having enough tools...

I cut most things with mine... floor boards, poly pipe, copper pipe, plaster board, lime plaster chases..... any thing and everything except for brick, mortar, render, plastered walks (with scratch coat)

they are good, but I found batteries can't take the vibration - mine died and has been replaced with mains version.
Thanks for saying that binky mate. I bought the mains and since day 1 wished I'd gone for cordless. That's just made me feel a little better now :) nice one

Batteries still work, for about 10 seconds then cuts out. I bought battery for convieniece, but in reality it runs flat too quickly to do more than odd bit of cutting. mains is so much better, and so much cheaper.

When I bought mine they were demo'ing the battery fein and I think the batteries supposedly lasted 22 mins each so 2 batteries was 44 mins but charger took longer than that to charge one battery so you couldn't use it constant so I went for mains but thinking about it I've not used it for longer than 10 mins on the trot lol. Still really good tool but still use circular saw with depth set for cutting boards after my pal went through 2 heating pipes lmao. Was a funny day :)

Fein multitool is probably the best buy in power tools I've made (close second are the Milwaukee drills), same as Kerching it gets used on most jobs at some point......even borrowed by other trades on some jobs.

Did a restock on blades from MM not so long back.