Training with the master

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Voltimax, I used to train in Shotokan many many moons ago when i was young and reading this made me remember those good old days. I was training under Jerry Breeze who was some big shot in it

Hey Voltimax, I used to train in Shotokan many many moons ago when i was young and reading this made me remember those good old days. I was training under Jerry Breeze who was some big shot in it
That would be Sensei Breeze of Bournmouth Kanku Karate club?

There's a documentary vid on youtube featuring him, a bit of a character.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2G-4X3wtDiw?feature=oembed!

Is everybody on here a Ninja?! :eek: I once hit a man in the genitals with a football!!! Does that count as a self defence skill?!

That would be Sensei Breeze of Bournmouth Kanku Karate club?There's a documentary vid on youtube featuring him, a bit of a character.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/2G-4X3wtDiw?feature=oembed
Cheers for the link, was interesting to watch. Can't believe that they are still based at the same leisure centre and also didn't realise he was a 6th Dan.....

Moved on from Karate to Aikido now

Hmmm, not a very nice person.

It is true that young girls do get crush's on their instructors sometimes. I have two young girls at a club I have who have a crush on me. It makes me feel really uncomfortable at times and I make sure I NEVER encourage them.

It's a very sick and twisted individual who takes advantage of a school girl crush.

In my opinion, when he went to prison he should have been castrated at the door. That will put paid to his urges.

Being able to teach young people is a privilege and one not to be abused. It's a position of responsibility.

I have been placed in a similar position, my answer was to make sure that I was never left alone with them and always informed other people if I had any concerns, this provided the oppertunity for others to observe and if required take control of any situation which allowed me to continue without being directly involved in crushing any girls misguided illusions.

As to castration sod that chemical stuff, you can not beat the old fashioned knife. :)

nice to see some shotokan guys on here i am currently a shodan 1st dan

moose man

Hi moose man,

We hosted a 6 hour course today with Sensei Simon 'oyo' Oliver today. He isn't strictly Shotokan although he does train with Sensei Terry O'Neil of the KUGB. He teaches Kata application that goes back to the old Okinawan roots of Karate, really effective stuff. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow, but it was worth it.

Oss!