Unusual fan

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkystu79

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone seen an extractor fan like this before? Got called to look at a faulty one today but i've not come across one before and there was no manufacturers label. Was hoping to get some spare parts if the company still exist. Pictures aren't great i'm afraid.

019.jpg

018.jpg

017.jpg

016.jpg

I know, that's what it looks like but there is the same model in the kitchen which still works, the silver knob beside the pull cord slides to open and close the vent. There's no access above, it's a mid floor flat and as you can see its completely tiled round about it.

I know, that's what it looks like but there is the same model in the kitchen which still works, the silver knob beside the pull cord slides to open and close the vent. There's no access above, it's a mid floor flat and as you can see its completely tiled round about it.
Those are suspended ceiling tiles aren't they? Pop one up and put your head up into the ceiling void for a look.

Id imagine you will have problems getting it out, never mind a new one in anyway looking at those tiles.

can you actually get it out?

if so, drop it down and get a name off it,

if you cant get it out,,,,,

well, nothing much more to say, but you wont be able to replace it anyway then, will you?

No it won't come out without some demolition work! Was hoping to get replacement parts as there is really not a lot to it, just the switch unit and the fan unit.

Latest posts