Van insurance renewal

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rujebogdy

Reaction score
Hello guys,

As the title says is time for my van insurance renewal. Any advice on where to go and how to bring my insurance cost down as lat year I cost me 1650

Did you go through price comparison websites? if you do, find the cheapest quote for what you want, then go directly to that company, you may find out that you could save yourself as much as 30% that way. When I get My insurance sorted, I will find that insurance companies underwriters, and going to them. When I last did a quote for a PC website, I was quoted

I hate gladiator with a vengeance after being ripped off by them albeit my own fault:mad:

How ever you go searching for quotes always try and read the tiny tiny print

I had my old dispatch with gladiator and was paying

I used to.work for commercial van insurance don't except any add on's such as legal cover, breakdown cover excess cover all these type of things as they bump up the price. Fair enough if you need them but if not don't bother. Always ask them what's included in the quotation and ask what's not a standard in the package. You should always go to other companies each year as they give you the best possible price an introductory rate. After that they bump up your instance policies and hope that when your renewal comes through you can't be bothered to shop around. So don't get caught out.

I would def go for a nice car that also looks professional too, and a lot cheaper too. Get it sign written job done.

I would def go for a nice car that also looks professional too, and a lot cheaper too. Get it sign written job done.
you reckon,?

my van insurance is a lot LOT cheaper than car insurance. :eek:

remember, if you use your car for work you need to specify that and it loads the policy like crazy!

SD&PP doesn't even allow you to carry the tools of your trade in the boot.

Pays to shop around!! I pay twice as much for my van which is a third the value of my SVU, usually with a letter end of year saying broker no longer offering that deal, here is your new quote!!! Comparison websites are notorious for saying one thing then doing another, go compare, I mean figure ( must be the subliminal messages from the compare guy - evil grin!)

I hate gladiator with a vengeance after being ripped off by them albeit my own fault:mad:How ever you go searching for quotes always try and read the tiny tiny print

I had my old dispatch with gladiator and was paying

the company i work for went ltd this year now magically my insurance goes up 500 quid! mad. but what can you do? lie?