Warning to trades

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
our cctv outdoor security alarms went off last night .......... bleeding cat!! :^O :coat
I thought the whole point of a CCTV system was to start when an activation happens. Your lucky that when 'they went off' it was only a cat and not a burglar.

How did you know it was a cat, and how did you know it was bleeding if the system wasn't on ?

I never keep any tools of any value unattended in my van.

Its just not worth the hassle, for the sake of a few mins to unload.

Either that, or buy a proper van vault.

I never keep any tools of any value unattended in my van.Its just not worth the hassle, for the sake of a few mins to unload.

Either that, or buy a proper van vault.
where do you keep them if you are working away and only staying in digs or [posh times] a travel lodge.?

when I was a lot younger I slept on a board on top of everything in the back of the van.

where do you keep them if you are working away and only staying in digs or [posh times] a travel lodge.?when I was a lot younger I slept on a board on top of everything in the back of the van.
his tools dont have any value, so are kept in the van?

My experience with Wal-Mart in the US was that they always had security patrols around their car-parks (parking lahts) - 24 hours a day. Would it be beyond the wit of hoteliers to have someone patrolling? Especially as it seems to be such a common occurrance.

You only need one person to deter the theives.

LIV

Form what i heard off the police the other day they would probably steal him as well mate LOL

I thought the whole point of a CCTV system was to start when an activation happens. Your lucky that when 'they went off' it was only a cat and not a burglar. How did you know it was a cat, and how did you know it was bleeding if the system wasn't on ?
i knew it was a cat as i was in the control room where all our equipment and computers etc are located, there is a monitor opposite my pc on the filling cabinet which i can watch while using the computer, there are pirs linked to the buzzer on the dvr and that buzzer started sounding the alarm which meant i looked at the screen and saw the cat walking round the outside :p secondly the alarms dont trigger the recording they are only there for audible alert the dvr recorder is constantly recording 24hrs 7 days a week ;)

Latest posts